Preemies
Options

Would this concern you?

At 6 months, the pedi gave the ok to take DS off preemie formula (NeoSure).  We had attempted to take him off earlier, but after 2 weeks of weight checks, he wasn't gaining weight and so we went back to the NeoSure.  So, DS has been off the NeoSure for 1 month.  He had his Synagis shots today so they weighed him and I asked them to check his length as well.  Well, he's grown, but has dropped percentiles.  At 6 months, he was 30% for weight and 26% for length.  Today (7 months) he is 16% for weight and 20% for length. 

Of course, now I'm worried that the pedi is going to look at it and say we need to go back on the NeoSure.  I asked the nurse if we should be concerned, but she didn't really have any input.  So, would that big of a drop concern you?  (Especially the weight dropping from 30% to 16% in 28 days)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Would this concern you?

• Options

We took DD off of Neosure at 9 months.  She slowed her weight gain WAY down after that.  Was still gaining just very very slowly.  At the time asked both her pedi and a nurse from the NICU f/u and they both said that was to be expected and as long as she was still gaining it was fine. 

If you're really concerned though, I would call the pedi and ask!

• Options

I'm not sure.  In general, Andrew's weight gain kind of stair-stepped.  It seems like he wouldn't gain much at one appointment, but the next appointment he'd make up for it.  Overall he followed a trend nicely.  When we went off 24 cal cold turkey to 20 cal (straight milk), he automatically ate a lot more and his weight gain rate didn't seem to change. 

I don't know if that helps.  I guess I'd ask your doctor but that change in % doesn't sound abnormal to me!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"