High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

I passed my glucose test!

Ok- thanks to the last 2 posters who told me to call and suck it up. 

I just called.  They said I passed.  I failed my one hour test in my last pregnancy and my son was born with glucose issues so I was tested early this time.  I'm in total shock I really passed.

Since my son had glucose issues when born, (the pedi at the hospital didn't believe I really passed the 3 hour), I'm still going to stick to a mostly GD diet but it's good to know if I slip up every now and then, I don't have to feel too guilty.  My doctor is still going to test me 2 more times during my pregnancy so I can still end up with GD, but so far this pregnancy is going so much better than my last where everything was so difficult. 

Now if I can just get rid of the morning sickness...

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: I passed my glucose test!

• Options
    Yay!! I'm glad you got the good news you were hoping for!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is awesome, congratulations! I think you're being smart to stick to the GD diet just in case. You never know and you'll be in better shape that way. I have PCOS so I knew GD was a very high risk for me. I've been very good so far and I just ended up getting diagnosed this week. I'm just happy that most of the important development has already been established. The doctors said that it was a very good thing that I had been so careful since I was able to keep it off for so long. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great news!!!  I'm glad I told you to call:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"