Alabama Babies
Options

4D Ultrasound at 32 weeks

So this is my last chance to get a 4D u/s and I'm going for it.  It's scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'm nervous about getting good pictures since I'm at the last week to do it.  For all the ladies who have had one, should I load up on water this evening and in the morning to make sure my fluid isn't  low?  At what week did you have yours and how did it turn out? 

Re: 4D Ultrasound at 32 weeks

• Options

I had mine at 27 and 29 weeks. The first one didn't turn out well because K had her face in the amniotic sac and you couldn't see much. At 29 weeks, you could see more but she already looked pretty smushed in there. Still, it was an incredible experience and I'm glad we did it.

Here is what ours looked like at 29 weeks: (this is a side profile of her face.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    I don't think you have to drink the water at that point like at the 20 week.  I didn't.  I did drink some caffeine to make sure she was moving good though.  I didn't want her to be difficult like she was during the 20 week.
    Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMissLMS:

I had mine at 27 and 29 weeks. The first one didn't turn out well because K had her face in the amniotic sac and you couldn't see much. At 29 weeks, you could see more but she already looked pretty smushed in there. Still, it was an incredible experience and I'm glad we did it.

Here is what ours looked like at 29 weeks: (this is a side profile of her face.)

Wow!  It is so amazing how much detail this shows.  K looks just like her baby pictures!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I had mine at 29 weeks. They turned out pretty good! They had me in there for about 45 minutes trying to get good pictures though! I did drink some caffeine before I went. Here is one of mine that I put up on Facebook. It says 32 weeks but they had put it in wrong.

• Options
    These are so cute!  Thanks for sharing your pics. For the past hour or so, I've been deliberating more.  I just keep thinking about the cost and that we could use the money on something else for the baby.  I want to see my baby, but it really won't be long now before I have him.  The u/s costs the same thing as a car seat.  What is wrong with me?! 
  • Options
    Alesha, I'm so excited for your 4d.  Don't feel guilty at all for spending the money, this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity and I know you'll treasure those pix for the rest of your life. 
  • Options

I say do it!  James looks so much like his...its so much fun to look back at them.

And I drank a Mtn. Dew, but he was still difficult!

• Options

I also wrestled with the idea of spending that much money on an ultrasound, but I'm so glad we did it. We could see K opening and closing her mouth, drinking the amniotic fluid and see her move her arms.

I cried at both 4D ultrasounds.... it is so much more real looking than the regular ultrasounds. It made being pregnant and the fact that she would be here much more real to me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options

I had mine done at 28 weeks and again at 29 weeks because she refused to let us see her face at 28 weeks...sorry I don't have them on this computer or I'd show you a pic.  It was pretty amazing to compare when she got here just how much detail was true!  I didn't drink any thing the first time and she didn't cooperate...the second time I drank a mellow yellow. 

• Options
    I, like you, considered it but decided against it as I honestly want the first time I see him to be the first time I see him...with a nursery and buying diapers and everything else I found a ton more things I can do with that money...I feel like he'll be so worth the wait.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"