High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD ?

Anyone know how long after you give birth that you have to keep on the diet/testing? Is it right away? I am thinking of foods I will eat....am a loser I know :)

Re: GD ?

• Options

The placenta (due to the hormones) is what is causing the GD.  As soon as you deliver the placenta, you will be 'cured'.   

Unless of course you had undiagnosed type 2 diabetes before becoming pregnant.... 

• Options
    No testing after the baby is born! Yeah! I learned that 50% of moms diagnosed with GD get type 2 diabetes 15 years later. My dietitian said that to decrease the risk of that happening we have to maintain an ideal weight and a healthy lifestyle. Type 2 diabetes really scared me! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am thinking of what I can eat too.  Ihave a list!!
  • Options

imageindiana_muse:
    No testing after the baby is born! Yeah! I learned that 50% of moms diagnosed with GD get type 2 diabetes 15 years later. My dietitian said that to decrease the risk of that happening we have to maintain an ideal weight and a healthy lifestyle. Type 2 diabetes really scared me! 

This scares the crap out of me!  And it makes me so sad that it's so likely.  I keep talking about the things I want to eat after birth, but I also hope I can eat healthy most of the time.  We bought a double jogging stroller to keep me active too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"