High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD Readings ?

I am yet to meet my diabetic consultant so don't have clarity about what is the normal range for GD sugar levels. Need help. What is your usual reading after 2hrs after breakfast ?

My fasting early morning reading was 96 and after breakfast +2hrs  was  90 . I was wondering is 90 okay ?

Also what should be the after lunch / dinner +2hrs readings ?

Re: GD Readings ?

• Options
    2 hours after each meal it should be under 120.  Most docs want fasting under 90 or 95. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was told below 100 for fasting and below 120 for 2 hours after meals.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was told 65-95 for fasting and <120 after meals.

This is my first day testing.  My fasting # was 92, after breakfast was 84, after lunch was 72.  I'm starting to wonder if my numbers after eating are too low...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oh boy, I would love to have a reading of 90 after breakfast.  Your fasting should be a little lower between 80-90, but a reading under 120 is good for two hours after eat, under 140 an hour after eating...depends on when you test.  I have to test an hour after each meal. 

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    imageErika6504:

I was told 65-95 for fasting and <120 after meals.

This is my first day testing.  My fasting # was 92, after breakfast was 84, after lunch was 72.  I'm starting to wonder if my numbers after eating are too low...

They are kinda low, are you testing after 1 or 2 hours?  I have a combination of GD and Gestational Hypogycemia.  I get lows in the morning...sometimes in the 30s.  When this happens I can faint or pass out.  72 is still within the normal range but is not diabetic at all....I'm sure your endo will talk to you about it when you submit your sugars. 

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"