Baby Showers
Options

hostess gift for mom?

i'm an only child and my mom is mainly hosting the baby shower by herself.  she had some help with theme and game ideas from 2 of my friends who are also helping to set up.  i'm getting my friends a wine themed thank you gift basket.

my mom is hosting the luncheon at a nice restaurant, footing the whole bill and has already bought A TON of presents (crib, mattress, pnp, baby clothes, wishing well items, etc).  what should i get her as a hostess gift? 

10 Months Old! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: hostess gift for mom?

• Options
    Jewerly?  I think my mom is doing my shower, and has been really generous too, so that's what I might do.  Maybe something setimental, like a locket, engraved something, or use birthstones?
  • Options

How about a spa gift certificate? Maybe doing it together as a way to say thank you and spend some time together. Doesn't have to be a whole package - mani/pedi and a lunch out.

I signed up for these websites - Groupon.com & Dealtificate.com - they have daily email specials for certain cities.They often have spa deals there like  pay 30 dollars and get 60 dollars worth of services. I have bought a few things from them and have been happy so far

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, aside from a grandchild Stick out tongue...

I would get her a lovely bouquet of her favorite flowers from a local florist and make her a "grandma's survival basket" that will give her some staples to keep at her house for when you and baby visit (lotion, soap, pacifiers, diapers, wipes, a few receiving blankets, etc.)  I think she would think that was really thoughtful.

• Options
    My mom has a charm bracelet so I got her a baby boy charm.
  • Options

My mom is throwing my shower too with a "nesting" bird theme. I bought her a really pretty handmade necklace that is a gold bird's nest from Etsy.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"