High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD: I'm a slacker... [vent]

Hello my name is Katie and I'm a slacker....  Crying

Last Wed my nutritionist told me I no longer need to e-mail her my numbers on a weekly basis but to keep testing and following my diet. This.Was.Bad!

I have to admit - I've still been following the diet, tracking my food, and testing... but not nearly as strict as I was and I'm paying for it. I've been pushing my carb allowances and not eating AS well as I was and I even forgot (like completely forgot) to test on THREE occassions last week. Luckily I had eaten really well those three meals so I'm too worried I went over.

Now it's either because of the last week is finally catching up with me or I'm just getting further along but I've seen a significant rise in my numbers... at weird times. Like I can tell when I'm not balancing with protein... and that's my biggest problem. This morning I wasn't all that hungry so all I ate was a package of Low-Sugar Oatmeal - normally will get a # around 100-115 and it was 136! Yesterday all I had for lunch was a bagel with cream cheese (not a good choice I know) but just that put me over too! But also, we went out to dinner two nights ago and I got a pulled pork sandwich, granted I took the top off the bun but I also had like 1-2 french fries, an onion ring, and a chicken wing, along with a side salad... my number was only 79?! WTH??? I feel like there's so much variance.

Will one (or all) of you kick my butt back into gear??? Ugh - sorry for the vent... I just had to get that out :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
formerly known as katrinalee48

Re: GD: I'm a slacker... [vent]

• Options

youve got 5 weeks left- you can do this! get it together- get back on your diet and do this!

dont want your baby to gain extra weight right at the end or have blood sugar issues after delivery! Come on!

ok, so not the best butt kicking. But i believe in you! yeah!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went through the same phase a few weeks ago.  I had just had a bad appt, my midwife basically said "at your next appt, we're going to have to talk about putting you on meds."  Up until then, everyone had been so positive about my numbers and I thought I had it under control.  The next day we left to vist DH's family (not healthy eaters) and it was a slippery slope of fried chicken, hotdogs and chili, and peanut butter brownies (that's protein, right?).  I kinda figured, if they're going to put me on drugs anyway, I might as well eat what I want.  Now granted, none of my numbers were over 135, so I was really bad, just not making good choices. 

After 2 more encouraging appts, my doctor saw no need for me to be on meds (they just discounted my couple of "off the wagon days") and that the midwife was incorrect.  Now I'm back to my normal diet and trying to cram as many healthy, non-carb calories into each meal because they're actually concerned that LO is too small. 

It's okay to slip up and cheat every now and then, but get back on the GD wagon and remember the end goal of a healthy, happy baby!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am in the same boat!  Same thing here, I haven't been as strict with myself when I was having to check in as I am now.  Friday was my "graduation" day as my nurse told me, and I have slipped up a few times.  It's so stinking hard!!!  I am so ready to eat again!!!  So, whoever kicks your butt in gear, maybe they can do the same for me!

• Options

Thanks girls - I think this morning was just the last straw cause I already felt like I was slipping up so thought I would be good and I just ate oatmeal and was over... I about lost it in the bathroom :( Washed my hand vigerously thinking it must have been hand lotion... no such luck!

Anyway, I have already have a better lunch packed for me and I promise to get back on track :) Can I report my numbers to you guys??? lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    formerly known as katrinalee48
  • Options
    imageMrs.katie_love:

Thanks girls - I think this morning was just the last straw cause I already felt like I was slipping up so thought?I would be good and?I just ate oatmeal and was over...?I about lost it in the bathroom :( Washed my hand vigerously thinking it must have been hand lotion... no such luck!

Anyway, I have already have a better lunch packed for me?and I promise to get back on track :) Can I report my numbers to you guys??? lol

Hey if you want to be accountable to someone you can use me if you let me do the same if I feel the need. You can FB message me or I can send you my email addy if you don't already have it.?

::Blog:: ::NOTD Schedule::
    ::GP Nesties FAQ:: ::My BFP Chart::

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Sarah has read 0 books toward a goal of 50 books.
    hide
    "I won't sugarcoat the truth just so you can swallow it without the pain"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"