North Carolina Babies

Rec. a good movie to see

I finally get to go out with DH this weekend and we want to see a GOOD movie. If we are paying to go out and spend a fortune on movie tix. we want it to be worth it. Any good recs that you have seen?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Rec. a good movie to see

• Um - I haven't seen a movie since I had Ella so definitely no help on this front. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The last movie I saw in the theater was SATC!!

I really wanted to see the Lovely Bones, or Dear John or Valentines Day. Check out Rotten Tomatoes.com for reviews, I've found them to be semi accurate, except on chick flicks, they usually poo poo them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecate1119:
    Um - I haven't seen a movie since I had Ella so definitely no help on this front.?

Ha. Yeah, maybe ask this one on the regular NC board. Some of them still get to see movies.

• My parents just saw Shutter Island and said it was good - just depressing.

Have you seen Avatar? Apparently that was good ... but I"m not into those so it's not my pick. Haha. 

I also REALLY want to see Dear John and Valentine's Day ... but I don't think those are something DH would have in mind ...

• Yeah, I think DH and I will wait and see V-Day and Dear John on Netflix. I want to see Up in the Air, Did you hear about the Morgans,  and Leap Year but they are not in any theater close to us, or have left. 

Not in to Avatar.... haha

It looks like we might just have to do a nice lunch and skip the movie.  UGH. We missed our "want to see" movie window by a few weeks. Boo hiss.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Don't worry ... I'm sure something good will come up in April, too. Big Smile

Besides ... a nice lunch alone w/out having to pick your child's food up all over the floor is a TREAT, I'm sure! :)

• We really liked Avatar and Shutter Island. Shutter Island was not quite what I expected, but it was good. . .and yes, it was sad at parts.
  • I thought Up In the Air was great! Smile

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• If you can find Up in the Air still in a theatre, I would recommend it. Really good movie! Valentine's Day was good, but I kind of wish I had saved the money and just waited to see it on DVD.
  • I second both Shutter Island and Up in the Air.  Both worth the cost of the tickets!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I haven't seen it, but I've read the book, and Shutter Island is a fabulous book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"