High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cystic Hygroma

I'm just 13 weeks and am struggling with the news that my baby has a cystic hygroma on her neck. I also had a CVS test done and found out that she has Moasic Turner's Syndrome. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these?

Re: Cystic Hygroma

• Options

One of my good friends is pregnant (she is around 20 weeks now) and they found out around 12 weeks that her LO has a cystic hygroma-- they opted out of alot of the testing and have chosen to just see how things go, they met with a genetic counselor briefly but still havent decided if they want to get any testing done

She has just had a few more ultrasounds than what is "normal" and she is under the care of a high risk maternal fetal medicine dr now but so far things are going well and the baby hasnt shown any signs of difficulty--I will try and keep you updated about how her pregnancy progresses

Did the dr's give you any more details about the measurements of the hygroma?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thank you so much for posting. The hyrgroma is measuring around 15mm as of now. I would love for you to keep me updated. I haven't had very much luck finding women with my similar situation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi -I just had the first trimester screen yesterday (11 w 1 d) and found out that our LO has a cystic hygroma on the neck and the NF measured 4.2 (not sure about the size of the hygroma).  I have an appointment for a CVS on Tuesday.  The research I have done about the hygroma is scary, but my doctor has so far explained that it's a marker for down's syndrome.  I guess I'll know more after our test.  Please keep me updated on your situation...this is all new to me and I don't know anyone who has been through this before!
  • Options

My doctors told me the same thing about Down's but I had the CVS test done and the results came back that my baby had Moasic Turner's Syndrome. After that it has just been a waiting game for us. I am currently going to my Dr. every two weeks for an US to measure the size of the hygroma. As of last Monday it was 15 mm. I haven't found alot of information on how the size effects the outcome but I will keep you updated on anything I find out. There isn't alot of research out there for hygromas and what is out there isn't very reassuring but I have read several first hand stories that have had positive outcomes. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"