Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Sleep sack to blanket

When did you move from a sleep sack to a blanket?

Ethan isn't used to having anything in his crib.  I've put a blanket over him a few times for naps but he moves A LOT in his sleep and it seems like the blanket wakes him up b/c he gets tangled in it or he ends up waking up and playing with it (I guess b/c he's not used to it).

{Blog}
TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep sack to blanket

• Options

Hi Christina!

We have been giving Brynne a blanket for a while now. We went from a swaddle, to nothing and eventually to a blanket.

Brynne hated the sleep sacks. Once she was out of the swaddle, she didn't like having her feet confined. Plus, she turned into a belly sleeper, and I got nervous that she wouldn't be able to roll herself back over if she needed to.

At first we used a knit blanket that was home made. The yarn was knitted tightly enough together so that her fingers wouldn't get caught, but also had some bigger holes to allow her to breath if it got it got pulled up over her head. I believe we started around 7 or 8 months.

We have never had a problem. I hope he gets used to it soon!

Tell Ethan that Brynne says, "Hi!"

• Options
    Caleb is still using sleep sacks.  Around 1 year I thought about switching to a blanket, and we tried it a few times.  Most of the time he did the same thing as Ethan.  One day at daycare he managed to wrap the blanket around his head and fall asleep like that.  He has his own room in our daycare situation, so fortunately our provider went to check on him and found him like that.  He was all sweaty, but otherwise fine.  I've since decided that he might use a sleep sack until he goes to college (not really, but I have no idea how/when to make the transition).  Now he's going through a phase where he loves to pull blankets off of our couch and hide his head in them.  I think it'll be a while before we make the transition to blanket.  Maybe when he moves to a toddler bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"