Postpartum Depression

Anyone have experience with Cipralex/Lexapro?

I started on it yesterday and was told it would either make me sleepy, or wide awake. I took my chances and took it about an hour before bedtime, and thank God I did. It knocked me on my aS$.

Nothing knocks me out, T3's, percocet, gravol etc. I have a high tolerance  I guess.

Did anyone have this reaction too? Also, my jaw is KILLING me, like I was clenching it all night or something.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have experience with Cipralex/Lexapro?

• Nope, but I just wanted to say thanks for the comment on my blog, it put a smile on my face =) 

oh and ps my facebook is lonely =(

• I dont remember having any reaction to the Lexapro when I took it years ago but the Zoloft I'm on definitely keeps me awake at night, so I'm debating whether or not to get some Ambien.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Loading the player...
  • Can't you take it in the morning instead?
  • I was taking Lexapro in the AM and feeling sluggish throughout the day.  So, my dr suggested taking it at night.  It seems to work well for me. 
    Allison
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always took it at night, because it had the same effect on me.
  • I was on Lexapro and it made me tired. I took it at night so I wouldn't be tired during the day. I went off of it because I had horrible sexual side effects.

• imageKrystalD7:
    Can't you take it in the morning instead?

Yea actually I did take it in the morning but it was still keeping me up 16+ hours later.. I had heard from some other ladies that they had the same issue with insomnia but PPD alone can cause insomnia so I guess mine just intensified on meds? I've started taking my Zoloft every other day or every couple of days which is helping and it's still enough to make me feel better.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • I experience jaw clenching with lexapro. I have a mild case of TMJ that the meds certainly didn't help but I wore a bite guard at night and that helped a good bit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"