Blended Families
Options

Need a good laugh?

SO, yeah, I haven't been around much lately.  Turns out being a SAHM is actually somewhat time consuming.  WTH? 

Anyway - so...for those of you who may not remember our particular situation (how DARE you not have my life story memorized), DH and I live together (imagine that) with his 3 children from his first marriage, my daughter from a prev. relationship (yep, I'm a slore) and our daughter together.  That makes FIVE kiddos, between the ages of 16 years and 11 months.  Now you know why I am busy.

DH's kids live with us full time, and two of his three children see their mom only on Sundays, for about 9 hours.  NINE HOURS A WEEK.  That's it.  She regularly misses her holiday visitation with them (just doesn't even say anything about picking them up), and has yet to actually take them for their summer, winter, or spring break vacations.  So they're with us.  ALL.THE.TIME.

She was court ordered to pay $50/month TOTAL for child support.  DH allowed that, because she was broke, and they had an agreement that she would take care of the kids during the day - which she broke before they ever had the divorce decree signed.  Even so - $50/month, which he hasn't yet had changed.

She has not paid child support in OVER A YEAR.  Over a year.  $50/month for THREE CHILDREN, and she hasn't paid in over a year.  She has never carried insurance on them despite what the CO says, AND, she has never helped out with 1/2 their medical expenses (copays, Rx, whatnot) like the CO orders.

So here's the funny thing.  She sent DH an email asking if she could claim one of the kids on her taxes.

::INSERT SOUND OF MY HEAD EXPLODING HERE::

She PAID NOTHING TO SUPPORT THESE CHILDREN ALL YEAR - and she wants to claim one of them on her taxes. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

stupid.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need a good laugh?

• Options

Oh. my.

Well, you know, she did only ask to claim ONE of them, so she wasn't a greedy moron x a million.  Maybe just x 1,000. 

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.
  • Options
    imageJ&A2008:

Oh. my.

Well, you know, she did only ask to claim ONE of them, so she wasn't a greedy moron x a million.  Maybe just x 1,000. 

I'm guessing it actually crossed her mind that, you know, since we had a baby this (tax) year, we could let her have one of the others.  Again, head exploding. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My head may have exploded as well! Surprise
  • Options

Planned where have you been??? It sure has been ages, and yes I pretty much have your story memorised.

As for BM, what a self centered self seeking useless moron.

• Options
    Wow, that gives pathetic a whole new meaning. So how did your DH answer her?
  • Options
    Eff THAT!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ridiculous! What did you guys tell her? It would be nice if she was asking to see one of her kids instead of asking how she could get more money out of them.

Sorry to hijack your post slightly here, but this burns me. If this was a bio dad that far behind on his CS, all hell would be breaking loose about it. I hope you have plans to take her back to court for contempt or enforcement of the CO. It's not right that when bio mom's are crappy parents and don't see their kids and don't take financial responsibility, it's nearly overlooked. But if a bio dad does the same thing, look out.

• Options

*forehead smack*

So when your DH was done laughing at her, what did he say? I hope it was a huge "HELL TO THE NO, Btch!"  Oy.

• Options

Your situation sounds SO much like mine its freaking me out... We only have 3 kids (and one on the way...) ages 0-15. and BM doesn't even PAY CS at ALL right now. Hopefully that will be changed SOON. 

Sorry... all I can say is that I totally feel for you. Our BM flipped out last year when we claimed both kids, umm hellooo.. we pay for them, you don't even see them?!  

• Options
    File contempt of court charges on the stuff she isnt paying...they will give her a time frame to pay it in or she goes to jail.  Its so disgusting when a parent refuses to contribute to the support of a child they claim to care about...if you care then you would want to help make sure they have everything they possibly can and withholding support or medical etc is only taking away from them.
    accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Options

Glad to see you're still around.

That woman needs a karate chop to the throat.

• Options

First off - I absolutely cannot believe that Chloe will be a year old... I remember when she wasnt even born yet.

Secondly - no well in helll would I allow BM to claim the children... maybe if she would become an active part of their lives, sure - but as of now - no way.

Miss seeing you around this board Chaos!!! Welcome back :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"