Baby Showers
Options

When?

Just wondering- when are showers typically thrown??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When?

• Options

My first is at almost 30 weeks, my second is at almost 33 weeks. When my hostesses asked me, I just gave them dates that my mom didn't have to work so she could attend. And I didn't want to go too close to my due date. So I'm happy with these dates - gives me plenty of time to prepare before baby arrives. Plus, I didn't want to drive very far and be miserable in a car to go to the out of town shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine are at 27 weeks then 35 weeks. It was just what was convenient for  the hostess and family, but I think 27 is a little bit early. Also had the option of waiting until 38, but that made me nervous!
    MC @ 6 weeks 11/2008
    MMC @ 10 weeks, D&C 3/2009
    Princess P IUGR miracle 05/04/10

Mr. M 09/22/11
    MC @ 6 weeks 06/2012
    MC @ 7 weeks 09/2012

Baby J 07/12/13

EDD 12/5/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Most people will tell you between 32-36 weeks but I think that 36 weeks is too close.  My opinion would be between 30-34 weeks, but I don't see anything wrong with having it 27, 28, 29 weeks depending on schedules if that's what you have to do.  Mine will be before 30 weeks because I have to fly cross country for them.  My cousin is having hers this Sunday and she's due 3 weeks from that day.  I would hate that...she doesn't really know what all she'll get and she still needs to supplement what she doesn't get and both she and her husband work full time. 
  • Options

My shower is this Saturday and I will be 35 weeks on Friday. I have been pretty lucky in that I am not physically uncomfortable. However, finding clothing at this stage has not been fun which is something you might want to consider. I was planning on wearing a dress but after someone mentioned being at a shower where they were flashed constantly I am nervous about wearing a dress

• Options

Maybe I'm selfish and presumtuous, but I am a little freaked out because no one has mentioned anything about a shower to me yet, and I am at 25 weeks and I am NOT big on surprises. It would be awkward if I asked around. Embarrassed

I will keep my fingers crossed! Smile 

• Options
    imagedebbadebbadoo711:

Maybe I'm selfish and presumtuous, but I am a little freaked out because no one has mentioned anything about a shower to me yet, and I am at 25 weeks and I am NOT big on surprises. It would be awkward if I asked around. Embarrassed

I will keep my fingers crossed! Smile 

A LOT of people I know are huge on making showers surprises.  My family wanted to do that, but I live 500 miles away so that just won't work.  But, just because no one said anything to you doesn't mean they aren't plotting. 

Usually, families recruit husbands to get you there while keeping a secret.  Maybe your hubby knows, and if you hate surprises he might let you know?

• Options
    No more than 6 weeks before the EDD, IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"