Houston Babies
Options

Ultrascreen

We are having the ultrascreen test done next week. For those that have had it done, how long did it take to get the results? What did you take home from the appt? DH can't go with me so I'm wondering if he will have anything fun to look at afterwards. Did you get the gender testing done too? If so, how did they get that result to you (phone call, letter, etc)? Thanks :)

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Ultrascreen

• Options
    The NT scan was the shortest ultrasound I've had, the tech didn't show us anything at all.  We weren't in my doctor's office, it was an ultrasound/genetics company. They told us it would take 7-10 days for the results.  They gave us a phone number to call to listen to a message they left for us. 
  • Options

We got preliminary results based on the ultrasound only while we were there. He had a slightly higher measurement than they like to see, which freaked us out big time. We had to wait a week for the full results that, combined with the bloodwork, put us at a low risk for a defect.

We got those results along with the gender results a week later over the phone. It's really weird to find out the gender of your chid in a phone call. I was sad my husband couldn't find out at the exact time, but I told him like 30 seconds later. 

The ultrasound itself was amazing and quite long (perhaps because of the higher measurement they recorded). The place we did it has giant, high resolution television screens mounted on the wall. We could see the baby turning and moving all over the place. We did get some pictures to take home with us. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had my ultrascreen yesterday. I was told the results take about 7-10 days, and I'll only hear from the doctor is there's something concerning. Otherwise, we'll discuss it at my next appointment... so no news is good news! We took home 2 ultrasound pictures, same as at my first ultrasound at 8 weeks. The tech said it was too early to make a guess as to the gender. They didn't offer any other gender test to me. Good luck!
  • Options

We saw a fair amount on our u/s - her spine, heart, brain hemispheres, etc. It was done in my dr office by a third party on a Monday and we were told the results during our regular appt on Friday.  The tech (nor the dr) didn't make a guess at all toward the sex; both preferred to leave it for the the 20 week anatomy scan.

ETA: We did have several pictures to take home with us from this scan.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    are you going to center for medical genetics or is your doctor doing it?
  • Options

We went to center for medical genetics and it was relatively quick... I got to take a couple of pictures home. We had some preliminary results right then, since they had us meet with the geneticist afterwards. They wouldn't make a guess as to gender from the u/s.

We got the results of the bloodwork with changes for everything in about 7 business days, along with the gender guess.  It was done over a voicemail I had to call in to get.

imageimage

• Options
    imagekat.in.the.hat:
    are you going to center for medical genetics or is your doctor doing it?
    I am going to CMG. It sounds like it will be interesting! Thanks for the responses, everyone. I sure wish DH could go too; he would love it. Silly work, always getting in the way.... :)

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We had a wonderful experience there - our u/s was like 20 minutes long and we left with probably five pictures of the baby?  at the time we had it for Marion, they didn't offer the early gender testing.

they called us with the results, but I guess that's changed to the VM system.

but the u/s and the tech were wonderful

• Options
    imageTexasPaige:

We got preliminary results based on the ultrasound only while we were there. He had a slightly higher measurement than they like to see, which freaked us out big time. We had to wait a week for the full results that, combined with the bloodwork, put us at a low risk for a defect.

We got those results along with the gender results a week later over the phone. It's really weird to find out the gender of your chid in a phone call. I was sad my husband couldn't find out at the exact time, but I told him like 30 seconds later. 

The ultrasound itself was amazing and quite long (perhaps because of the higher measurement they recorded). The place we did it has giant, high resolution television screens mounted on the wall. We could see the baby turning and moving all over the place. We did get some pictures to take home with us. 

Same with us.  Preliminary results while we were there, more detailed results by a message over the phone.

I also did the gender test, and this was back when they first started offering it.  Like TexasPaige said, it was weird and impersonal finding out the gender over the phone by an automated machine.  ("Congratulations.  You are having a girl.")  Especially since with our first, we waited until the birth to find out.  If you want any kind of special moment with learning the gender, I would opt out of the gender test.

• Options

The NT scan was fast and I went by myself. The results were ready earlier, but I waited until my next appt. to hear them. Most important to me was the risk assessment numbers.

As for a baby pic, I think they printed one off. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"