High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Anyone have the ab pain with preeclempsia?

i'm wondering if this is a foot in the rib that fellow bumpies talk about or if it's a part of the preeclempsia....

I have a pain that sometimes tingles in my right side just underneath my rib.  i've read that a preeclempsia symptom is right ab pain, but i'm unsure if this is it or not.  Anyone with preeclempsia have this feeling?

Re: Anyone have the ab pain with preeclempsia?

• Options

I felt a lot of pressure in my RUQ.  felt like my dd was pushing up on my liver (I wouldn't say I had bad pain, but I could not get comfy and it felt like she was living in my liver)  + I had bad m/s return.  + other s/s of pree (high b/p, wt gain, swelling, proteinuria). 

have you been diagnosed with pree?

is this a new pain? (ob doesn't know)? 

• Options
    I never got that pain when I had HELLP, but I would go get it checked out.  If you already have a PIH or pre-e diagnosis, I would do this ASAP.  Yes, it could be just a foot, but you don't have to have major URQ pain to have a problem, either.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I second BrainySmurfette.  I DID get the URQ pain when I had HELLP, and trust me, it was like no other pain I've ever felt before.  If I had it again, I'd know exactly what it was. 

That being said, if you've already been diagnosed with pre-e, call your OB/GYN IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!!  Pre-e or HELLP is nothing to mess around with.  With HELLP, your condition could deteriorate rapidly and turn into an emergency.  Yes, it is that serious, not something that can wait until the morning by any means.  

• Options
    I got that URQ pain with HELLP, and now that I know what it feels like I will never forget it.  At the time, I thought it was awful heartburn which wouldn't go away no matter what I did.  It was constant, and didn't let up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"