Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What age can I remove the newborn pads in carseat? Chicco

We have the chicco travel system, and I still have the newborn pads in his carseat. He seems snug, but I haven't removed them yet. DS weighs 13 pounds. I couldn't find out manual on the carseat (except the assembly instructions...no information on weight restrictions, etc). When did you remove the head support pads, etc...?

Thanks!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What age can I remove the newborn pads in carseat? Chicco

• Options
    We have the chicco keyfit 30 and there is a sticker on the side of it that says to remove them at 11 pounds.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    they are supposed to come out at 11 lbs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You can check their website, they will probably have the manual available for viewing online

i removed DS' when he seemed crunched and uncomfortable

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    My DD grew out of those things a while ago and she's 3 months, they were too tight and her head did not fit well.  Probably around 6-8 weeks old.  She has a big head though!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejdiaz79:
    they are supposed to come out at 11 lbs.

This!

• Options
    We just removed ours this weekend, DD is 11 lbs 12 oz.  With her big winter coat on and a hat,she was kind of cramped. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My manual said 11lbs...
  • Options
    We took out the bottom part when he started screaming in the car seat (guess he was cramped)  but still have the head part in, he tends to sleep in the car and I liked the way it snuggled his head.
  • Options
    the bottom part is 11 lbs. The top part is whenever you decide to. We took that out about a month ago because DD seemed smushed in there. She's a big baby though, 16 lbs now.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    11 pounds?  Oops, theyre still in our Keyfit 30 and DS is 17 pounds!  Off to take them out!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 1st m/c July 2008, 2nd m/c December 2008, Baby boy born in 2009!, 3rd m/c (c/p) June 2011, 4th m/c September 2011
  • Options
    yeah, the sticker on the seat says until 11 lbs... but honestly, if your kid still fits in there comfortably and is over 11 lbs then it's fine to leave them in.  LO should fit snugly in the seat and not all babies will even if they've hit the 11 lb suggested limit for the inserts.
    1/8/12 Confection Shrug Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"