Minnesota Babies

Childcare recommendations around the Chaska area!

Hi everyone!!

I do not regularily post here, but lurk every once in a while. My husband and I are expecting our 1st baby in early September, and have been told to start looking for child care asap. I am completely new to this whole deal, and had no idea that I would need to start looking so soon. I decided to start calling around for infant openings around the Chaska area (we live in Chaska, I work in Chan and dh works in Minnetonka). So far I have been turned down by 2 in home daycares due to their infants spots reserved for this fall ! This sent me into a panic!

I am wondering if any of you western suburb mamma's around Chaska, Chan, Eden Prairie, etc. can recommend your in home day care centers??? I do not know that many people in Chaska, so I need all the help I can get to find someone good!!

THANK YOU!!Big Smile

Re: Childcare recommendations around the Chaska area!

• Hello & welcome Would you mind coming a little more west into E.P.? had I been working my son would be going to St. Andrews I really liked the feel of it plus the price includes all food & diapers something I found other places didn't include
  • Thank you for your reply! I will def. check it out!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Erica, I just sent you a PM. It's the first time I sent one so I hope I did it correct!
  • Thank you SO much for the pm!
  • I just found the paper work with the rates from St. Andrews so I thought I would pass them on to you

here are the rates of the one Aiden will be going to

infant 

full time (5 days)- $303 

3 days - $242

2 days- $182 

Toddler 

full time (5 days) - $296

3 days - $215

2 days- $161

Preschool

full time (5 days) - $238

3 days - $190

2 days- $143 

• Too bad they do not start until 7 am... that is too late for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I work in Chaska.  There is a daycare center in my business park that I've heard great things about.  It's called Ladybug and is ~$270/week for full time infant.  I would go there, but I live in Shakopee and wanted something closer to home. It's over by the new Chanhassen H.S.
  • imagePayne2B2008:

I just found the paper work with the rates from St. Andrews so I thought I would pass them on to you

here are the rates of the one Aiden will be going to

infant 

full time (5 days)- $303 

3 days - $242

2 days- $182 

Toddler 

full time (5 days) - $296

3 days - $215

2 days- $161

Preschool

full time (5 days) - $238

3 days - $190

2 days- $143 

Thank you for this info!

• imageangie05161:
    I work in Chaska.  There is a daycare center in my business park that I've heard great things about.  It's called Ladybug and is ~$270/week for full time infant.  I would go there, but I live in Shakopee and wanted something closer to home. It's over by the new Chanhassen H.S.
  • imageangie05161:
    I work in Chaska.  There is a daycare center in my business park that I've heard great things about.  It's called Ladybug and is ~$270/week for full time infant.  I would go there, but I live in Shakopee and wanted something closer to home. It's over by the new Chanhassen H.S.

Hi Angie,

Thank you for this info! I have been in contact with Ladybug and took a tour. My husband and I decided that a home daycare would best fit us. Thanks for the info though :)

• ericaandsy- I just tried to PM you and it said the user not found. So not sure what that's about.
  • weird! I am definitly still here Smile
  • So what do you think I am doing wrong? I just tried again. I went to the private msg section, clicked on your reply, then hit reply, typed in what I wanted, hit submit and this is what came up:

User Not Found

The user you requested cannot be found.

• Weird!! I will send you a pm with my email addy.
  • Ok it is not working for me either!

my email is   root.erica@gmail.com

Thanks again for all of your help!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"