Oregon Babies
Options

NC Bumpie visiting Portland..need some advice!

Hi all! I'm from North Carolina and my husband and I are visiting Portland and Mt. Hood this week for some skiing and site seeing. We were thinking of taking our 10 month old to the children's museum and rose garden in washington square. Good choices? Also, any recs for food in that area for dinner? We like all types of food, except Thai and Indian. Any good Mexican around there? Thanks for any advice!!

Re: NC Bumpie visiting Portland..need some advice!

• Options
    Never been to the Children's Museum, but the Oregon Zoo shares a parking lot. Might be fun to stroll though if the weather is nice. If you are up for walking at all there is a walking path around the river dowtown that offers up some nice scenery. It' the Vera Katz Eastbank Esplenade if you want to look it up and see how long the path is and where you can jump onto it. Hopefully you have some nice weather while you are here! Welcome to Portland :)
  • Options
    Yes I agree, the zoo is awesome!  Hope you guys get nice weather, it has been gorgeous here for a week...but I heard it is supposed to go back to raining so bring your gear!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Children's Museum, The Rose Garden, and The Zoo are all in Washington Park, there aren't any restaurants in the Park except what food may be available in the zoo.  I don't know how you're planning on getting around but there are lots of dining options downtown and you can take the Max from the Park to get there or vice versa!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The rose gardens might not have many (or any) flowers yet, but the view is still great.  You could explore the Japanese Garden instead.  There is an admission fee at the Japanese Garden while the rose gardens are free.   
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"