Postpartum Depression

I think I need to talk to my OB- UPDATED

since LO was born I've always felt an insane amount of stress/anxiety at the idea of taking care of him by myself, I balled when DH went to work, and still feel the same way everytime he leaves for work in the morning, I just hold back the tears...to top it off LO has AR and allergies and I feel like all he does is cry...it's either smiles or screams...he won't nap anywhere but on me and I feel trapped. We had back to back blizzards so it's been almost impossible to get out with or without LO, DH work LONG hours to provide for us and I'm lucky if I can get 20 min to myself and that is usually shower time...My mom takes him for me when she can but she lives a hour away.

To top it off now I'm dealing with a MIL whos going to go and get pissy that when she comes over at 9pm and we tell her LO is sleeping and she can't go and wake him up that we are keeping her grandson from her...seriously, I can't deal with that right now!

I constantly am worried about when Nathans next screaming fit will be and if it will be a short 30min one or a 2 hour one that leaves him and I both completely wiped out and soaked in tears!

He is on Med for his reflux and I am in constant communication with his pedi on how he's doing but I feel so helpless, like I am failing him as a mother...

I start back at work on March 1st and am crossing my fingers that I'll feel better than but I have no idea if I will or if I will just feel worse. I joke with my parents that his DCP is going to call and say come pick up your kid and find a new provider but I really am concerned that this will happen...

I feel so overwhelmed and DH does his best to help when he's home, but he works between 50-60 hours per week and not with 2 consecutive days off either.

Sorry if I'm rambling or if this makes no sense I just needed to vent and see if you all think I really do need to talk to someone about how I am feeling.

I called this morning (monday) and have an appointment to go in tomorrow morning at 9...took an online quiz and have A LOT of the symptoms...hopefully i'll get some answers!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I think I need to talk to my OB- UPDATED

• I would definitely talk to your ob. I went in Monday and it was hard to admit that I had ppd but I'm glad I did. They put me on zoloft and although it takes a few weeks to hit it's peak I already feel a lot better. My all day crying fits are now only once or twice a day. I stillhave a long way to go but jut seeing progress helps and I think it's definitely worth at least asking about. Good luck!
  • yes i would talk to your OB. they can help you figure out if medication is a good option for you.

It sounds like you have a LOT on your plate. I remember feeling the same way about being alone with DD. I would panic if I thought I was going ot have to take care of her alone. The days seemed endless and DH doesn't even work as much as yours! It's awfun feeling like you can't get out of the house. You feel trapped and scared. I've soooo been there. I did get on medication and I think that helped a lot.

You will find your groove as a mother and it does get easier. it really does.

DD 4yo DS 1yo
  • Loading the player...
  • Your not the only one. I feel the same way. My Julie doesn't have any problems and is healthy but I constantly panic when my husband goes to work bc I know its just me all day and I get anxiety and panic over every little thing to the point that I make myself sick :( We had a rough start when we came home. My daughter will be 8 weeks tomorrow and the first week she lost a pound because I was nursing her and she wasnt getting anything so the doctor made me put her on formula as well so I just stopped even trying to breastfeed bc i thought i was hurting her and then i would cry when she needed to be changed bc she would cry. Then i would cry bc i missed sleep and it was such an adjustment. I would and still do cry bc i was so excited when i was pregnant and i couldnt wait then she came and its like im too busy panicking all the time to be happy and then i feel like a bad mom. My husband works two jobs and hasn't had a day off in the last month so I know how you feel on that one and I have no family or friends where I am living to keep me sane or keep me company. Its hard. But were doing it and were doing a good job bc the babies are good :) Your a good mommy and so am I. Hang in there. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow I think. Another issue I have is that i let myself gain allllllllot of weight when I was pregnant and now I just want to be me again and I am soooo far from it. So I'm sure your better off than me on that one :) I'm new to thebump.com so I don't know all the abbreviations like "DD, DH, LO" I don't know what they mean... sorry! And I just wanted to reply to you so you don't think your the only one. I think I'm the only one who has it this bad :(
  • imageMrsB811226:
    Your not the only one. I feel the same way. My Julie doesn't have any problems and is healthy but I constantly panic when my husband goes to work bc I know its just me all day and I get anxiety and panic over every little thing to the point that I make myself sick :( We had a rough start when we came home. My daughter will be 8 weeks tomorrow and the first week she lost a pound because I was nursing her and she wasnt getting anything so the doctor made me put her on formula as well so I just stopped even trying to breastfeed bc i thought i was hurting her and then i would cry when she needed to be changed bc she would cry. Then i would cry bc i missed sleep and it was such an adjustment. I would and still do cry bc i was so excited when i was pregnant and i couldnt wait then she came and its like im too busy panicking all the time to be happy and then i feel like a bad mom. My husband works two jobs and hasn't had a day off in the last month so I know how you feel on that one and I have no family or friends where I am living to keep me sane or keep me company. Its hard. But were doing it and were doing a good job bc the babies are good :) Your a good mommy and so am I. Hang in there. I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow I think. Another issue I have is that i let myself gain allllllllot of weight when I was pregnant and now I just want to be me again and I am soooo far from it. So I'm sure your better off than me on that one :) I'm new to thebump.com so I don't know all the abbreviations like "DD, DH, LO" I don't know what they mean... sorry! And I just wanted to reply to you so you don't think your the only one. I think I'm the only one who has it this bad :(

you aren't alone on the weight gain either! I gain 75lbs have lost 35 but the rest is hangin on for dear life! I too am going to call my OB tomorrow...

DS = dearest son

DH dearest Husband

LO- little one

DD dearest daughter

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would call your doctor for an appt. I had many of the same feelings you have, especially the anxiety. So sorry your LO has such bad reflux, that must only add to your stress. Is there anyone else that can watch your LO so you can get out of the house for some alone time? Getting out, even if only for an hour helped and still helps me feel so much better. It's easy to feel sad/lonely/anxious when you never leave the house and are constantly caring for your LO. My mom said it best to me the other day, she said you are your LO's mom and your DH's wife, but don't forget that first you were you, a person, don't forget about you. 
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Oh and....don't beat yourself up, you are not a bad mother because your baby has reflux. It's SO out of your control. I am a pediatric nurse and have taken care of so many babies with reflux, sometimes there is literally nothing you can do to help it. Just pray they outgrow it sooner rather than later.
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"