Greer's New Hospital??? — The Bump
South Carolina Babies

Greer's New Hospital???

Has anyone had their new bundle of joy at the new Greer Hospital? I've been looking for a new ob/gyn seeing how i'm ttc#2 and i read how Greer has a new hospital that is said to have a nice new Maternity floor. Before i decide on a ob/gyn, i would like some feed back on this new Hospital.  I can't find any with it being such a new hospital, i guess? Hoping i can get some feed back on here. I did read that it had a sofa bed for the dad. lol, My hubby hated the chair he had to sleep in at GHS, but stayed with me the whole time. It would be nice for him to atleast have a comfy couch to sleep on this time.  But, i don't want to make this choice with only comfy couches and the fact that  its new.

Re: Greer's New Hospital???

• The hospital you are talking about it the Village Hopsital. I am actually delivering my baby there in July. They have a really nice facility but unfortunately they will be closing their labor and delivery unit in August. My doctor told me that the hospital determined that they would need to perform at least 2 deliveries a day to be profitable and since it only has 4 birthing suites, reaching that goal is literally impossible. The Villiage Center for Woman doctors as of August will deliver out of Spartanburg Regional. If you are looking to change doctors I would still consider the Village Center for Woman, Dr. Ellis and Felty are great, very personable, their office is really nice and it's easy to get appointments because they are still a relatively new practice. I love it there!
  • Loading the player...
  • I went to Highlands Center For Women (At St. Francis Women's & Children's Hospital) and loved it before I moved to the Spartanburg area. Dr. Metherell is amazing! They deliver at St. Francis and the hospital is really great. Def. check it out.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I think u are actually talking about the new Greenville Hospital division in Greer? I have been there and we did a tour it was super nice.  I do not however know anyone that has had their baby there.  We are going to deliver at St. Francis.
  • Are you talking about Greer Memorial Hospital? I had DD there and absolutely loved it, and this is from a person who hates hospitals. The rooms were huge, there was the sofa bed for dads, and the nurses/staff were awesome. Highly recommend!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards