Austin Babies
Options

Talk to me about PF neighborhoods

We live in PF but south PF that is basically Austin. We're actually not in either city limit. Anyways we will probably sell our house in a couple years but want to stay in PF. Our main reason for moving is to avoid the middle school our neighborhood feeds into. I believe we're the only PF neighborhood that feeds into that particular middle school. What are your favorite areas/neighborhoods in PF? We want a family friendly area where the neighbors take pride in their home.

Re: Talk to me about PF neighborhoods

• Options

Blackhawk and falcon pointe.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

NOT sarah's creek.  I used to live there, and while it was fine, i really didn't think the people took care of their homes, they weren't friendly (at least on my street) and the HOA was a joke. 

do you live there now?  =)  trying to think of anything more south than SC and still in Pville.  

image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm currently south in Brookfield. Off of Dessau/685 between Pecan and Howard Ln. We want to avoid Dessau Middle school. Anything north of us would be good.
  • Options
    We live in the Meadows of Blackhawk, and love it.  The HOA does a great job of insisting on upkeep without being too strict, we're close to a ton of shopping (hello, SuperTarget!), and the access to the tolls is great.
  • Options
    All the neighborhoods off of Kelly Lane are nice, feed into good new schools, close to the lake and new shopping center, etc.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    That is where we are looking to move in 2 months is either Blackhawk or Falcon Pointe. We love the neighborhoods off of Kelly Lane.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagerssnlvr:
    All the neighborhoods off of Kelly Lane are nice, feed into good new schools, close to the lake and new shopping center, etc.

I agree with this, and you're close to the toll roads.  My parents live between Timmerman and the park.  Great area and very affordable homes.  There aren't a whole lot of children though anymore.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageangelaggie:

imagerssnlvr:

I agree with this, and you're close to the toll roads.  My parents live between Timmerman and the park.  Great area and very affordable homes.  There aren't a whole lot of children though anymore.

Are these like Falcon Pointe, BlackHawk, and the neighborhoods around the lake?
  • Options
    imageNessia:
    imageangelaggie:

imagerssnlvr:

Falcon Pointe, BlackHawk and around the lake are all off Kelly Lane.  My parent's neighborhood is no where near the lake, it is by the main park enterance off of 10th st.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Villages of Hidden Lake is really nice (I have a friend over there.) We're currently in Cantarra - which also feeds into Dessau Middle School - but I love our neighborhood.
  • Options
    imageangelaggie:
    imageNessia:
    imageangelaggie:

imagerssnlvr:

Falcon Pointe, BlackHawk and around the lake are all off Kelly Lane.  My parent's neighborhood is no where near the lake, it is by the main park enterance off of 10th st.

That's an older area of town right? I really like the "older" neighborhoods where the trees have grown and there is what I call real grass (St. Augustine).
  • Options

imageAngie&Doc:
    That is where we are looking to move in 2 months is either Blackhawk or Falcon Pointe. We love the neighborhoods off of Kelly Lane.

Well, yay!!  Then it'll be easy to roll ourselves to the pool in June and July. Stick out tongue

• Options
    imageNessia:
    imageangelaggie:
    imageNessia:
    imageangelaggie:

imagerssnlvr:

That's an older area of town right? I really like the "older" neighborhoods where the trees have grown and there is what I call real grass (St. Augustine).

Yes it is an older area, the homes were built early 80s.  Well some where, the rest were built in the 90s, there's a newer culdasac there.  The trees are HUGE.  My parents front yard is 100% covered by shade in their front yard because of their tree, as are most of the homes.  I love their neighborhood.  I think most of the homes sell for around $175k?  The yards are large too.  You are within walking distance to the park, hike/bike trails, pool, and elementary school.  We rode our bikes through the park on the trail to get to Park Crest middle school. 

I think the newer area has more children than my parent's street.  My parents neighborhood is very friendly, but most of the homeowners are in their late 40's to 50's.  Most children are in their 20s or high school.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageangelaggie:

Yes it is an older area, the homes were built early 80s.  Well some where, the rest were built in the 90s, there's a newer culdasac there.  The trees are HUGE.  My parents front yard is 100% covered by shade in their front yard because of their tree, as are most of the homes.  I love their neighborhood.  I think most of the homes sell for around $175k?  The yards are large too.  You are within walking distance to the park, hike/bike trails, pool, and elementary school.  We rode our bikes through the park on the trail to get to Park Crest middle school. 

I think the newer area has more children than my parent's street.  My parents neighborhood is very friendly, but most of the homeowners are in their late 40's to 50's.  Most children are in their 20s or high school.

That sounds awesome!
  • Options
    imageNessia:
    imageangelaggie:

That sounds awesome!

Yeah, it's really nice.  The only down part is the one weekend in May of Deutschan (sp?) Pfest.  Cars park up and down the street and it's a pain, but really that's only 2 days a year.  I think there are a couple for sell on their street, but not 100% positive.  It's directly behind Timmerman, I think the official neighborhood is called Meadow Park South.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKateAggie:

imageAngie&Doc:

Well, yay!!  Then it'll be easy to roll ourselves to the pool in June and July. Stick out tongue

OH, I know it!! I didn't know that is where you live... awesome!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We live in the Highland Park/ Highland Park North area and we love it here!  So close to so much and only takes 20 minutes to get downtown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"