New York Babies
Options

Best place for a family? Need some NY help!

My DH is looking at a potential transfer to NYC from MI.  Right now we live in a 1800sq. ft. 3 year old home with the backyard, basement etc...  Typical for our area.  I know that things are different out there but want to have as many comforts from home as we can.  We have 3 kids and LOTS of toys/child goods so we will need the space.  My question is what are the best areas for us to look?  Good schools are a must.  We are open to all areas inc. NJ.  Thanks!

Re: Best place for a family? Need some NY help!

• Options

Are you looking to rent or buy?  How willing are you to commute?  Were you planning on spending much time in the city yourself?

I'm on Staten Island and I love it (most of the time.)   I work in the city and commute every day, but it's worth it to know that I'm going home to someplace that's not the city.

Helene (Nova726)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I will PM you.  I'm a "transplant" on Staten Island.

I like it here, but holy expense shock .

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've lived in staten island for almost 15 years.  It has gotten incredibly crowded. Bad traffic, no space or privacy anymore. Parking is also almost as bad as when I lived in Queens.  I'm looking to move out of NYC all together.  I suggest going to NJ if you want more space, but get ready to pay HIGH property taxes.  Long Island is an option too, good schools and more space, but high taxes and long commute to NYC, depending on how far out you go.  It's a give and take no matter where you go. Best of luck to you and the family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"