Pennsylvania Babies
Options

ntnylizard {and anyone else who might want to randomly discuss baby feeding pillows}

Thanks for that Balboa Baby link! Have you seen their pretty nursing pillows?? I love the shape and size! We don't need one, but I love it - so thanks for the link to see it:) Especially since we did like and use the Boppy a ton, but being bigger, it just never quite fit around me very well - lol! Love that it has the cutout for baby, the pretty patterns and just that extra lift to get baby up closer. Which of their slings do you have?

Re: ntnylizard {and anyone else who might want to randomly discuss baby feeding pillows}

• Options

I have this sling, an adjustable one.  Used it mostly cradle style, and even nursed with it at the Farm Show this year!!  I'd love to get more hip carrying out of it, but DS is pushing the weight limit.

As for the boppy and other nursing pillows, I'm kind of middle of the road.  I loved my boppy in the hospital, but it always seemed just out of reach when we got home.  I used other couch pillows and the boppy interchangably.  Although the boppy was a God-send when it came to sleeping in the early weeks.  DS would sleep semi-peacefully for semi-decent stretches of time at night when we'd swaddle, then prop him up in the boppy.  The Balboa pillows are gorgeous, but I don't know that we could get the sleeping functionality out of them.

So how is life sans diaper business, and spending more time with your LOs??  Btw, we're still loving the BG 3.0s, and I finally figured out how to get our half-dozen Happy Heiney (snaps) to work without leaking (most of the time)!  Moms I talk to look at me like I'm crazy when I say DS only goes through 4 or 5 dipes in a 24-hour period, and he can go 12 - 14 hours overnight without being changed. :)

• Options

I also wish I had known about the nursing pillow! I use my boppy pretty regularly, but I have a longer torso and depending on where/how I'm sitting, it doesn't always get her up high enough for me. Gorgeous fabrics too!

Liz- love Cayden's picture with his string of drool! :)

And Lillian, how are things going? Thanks again for helping us get started with the CDs. We absolutely love them and are now walking advertisers to all of our friends for cloth! Nothing like being passionate about poppy diapers!  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmm... or "poopy" diapers. :)
  • Options
    Thanks!  Although you reminded me that the pic is a month old -- time to change it!
  • Options

Ooh, that nursing pillow looks very nice.  I love the patterns and that it looks higher and firm.  We love the boppy and still use it daily, although only in his room now.  If we're downstairs I use any pillow or cradle him.  The boppy was too low in the beginning and I had to use a folded burp cloth/receiving blanket to bring him up closer.

Lillian, I was wondering how you were feeling about things too.  Do you miss your business?  From reading your blog it looks like you're keeping busy!  BTW, I discovered one of my new favorite blogs from yours so thank you!  Clover Lane is fantastic.  I love how real she is.  I've been reading her older posts and find myself continuing to agree with her.  I admire her home, her experience, and confidence in her parenting decisions.

{Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and I agree with Liz about the boppy being great for a sleeping newborn.  Ethan napped propped up in it when he was tiny too.
    {Blog}
    TTC since Jan 07. Dx with PCOS Jan 08 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    And you reminded me to change mine! :) Crazy how much they change when a picture is just a month old!
  • Options

Liz - life sans business is a bit less crazy:) I still manage to fill up the time, I'm babysitting a 14 month old little girl 3-4 days a week and working at a store where I used to work before we moved to CO 2ish nights a week, too. Even though I'm filling up a lot of time still, it's nice to not have the stress and responsibility of the business sitting on our shoulders anymore. So glad you're still loving your diapers and that you got the HHs to work, weren't they some crazy good deal or something?? Were they a babysteals deal? I can't remember now!

Megan - You're more than welcome on getting you started! I'm so glad that it's worked out so well for you guys:)

Christina - I do miss it, but not as much as I thought I would. It's made me realize how immersed in it I was on an totally OCD level and it's nice to have one less thing that I feel like I need to "keep up with" (like new brands, updates to products, etc). I'm already losing my grasp on what's going on with new stuff and I'm really ok with that. We've majorly minimized stash-wise now and it's made me realize how much of that was because I was so exposed to so many products day in and day out! So silly when the simplest stuff is our favorite! And Oh my gosh I ? ? ? Clover Lane! I just found that one in the past few months and it's one of my favorites. That, Soule Mama, Fly Through Our Window and Flower Patch Farm Girl and the ones that make me smile every single time a new post pops up in my Reader! That reminds me...I meant to put up a post here to gather fun blogs that people love to read - running off to do that now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"