2nd Trimester
Options

15 weeks too early to determine gender?

anyone else have an early determination of gender and they were right/wrong? Do they have a better picture if it is a transvaginal U/S?

Re: 15 weeks too early to determine gender?

• Options

The only time I have heard of getting an accurate sex determination at 15 weeks is if you were to do a 3D/4D ultrasound, which is usually elective, at an office offsite and not associated with your OB.

However, that's only if you want it to be accurate. I've heard tech's making guesses at 12 weeks or so, but it's just that ---- a guess. 

• Options
    imageEm55:

anyone else have an early determination of gender and they were right/wrong? Do they have a better picture if it is a transvaginal U/S?

If I were you, I would wait. Sometimes, yes, they can determine gender. Like in my case at 17 weeks they told me I was having a boy. But then...I started freaking out and second guessing my u/s and wondering if it was indeed a boy...and at 15 weeks, I would have been even worse about it lol. Because that was my big u/s...I have no more now lol

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was 15w 5d and told boy. At 19w 5d he was still a boy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We found out the sex at 13w5d.  My Dr was 90% sure he was a boy, and it was confirmed at our big ultrasound at 21w5d.

ETA: this was a trans-abdominal ultrasound.

• Options
    I was told boy at my 16 week u/s- at our 20 week confirmation u/s she's all girl! I would wait lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    my dr's office does the big u/s between 16 - 18 weeks.  my cousin found out the sex of her baby at her first trimester testing, around 12 - 13 weeks.  so i don't see why it couldn't be accurate at 15 weeks.  just ask how positive they are.  our tech was 100% positive it was a girl at 17 weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageEm55:

I found out at 15 weeks exactly, with a transabdominal u/s.  The tech told me it was too early to tell, and that she couldn't even really guess, as her name went on the reports. Halfway thru, she tried looking, and immediately said it was a boy! she wrote in in my file, and put in on all the pics, so there was no doubt.

• Options
    My LO was clearly a girl at an abdominal ultrasound at 15w4d.  Anatomy ultrasound at 20w1d confirmed she is still a girl!
  • Options
    At 15w5d with a regular sono I was told a boy, confirmed at 19w5d
  • Options
    I was told boy at 16w4d ?with 2d and had it confirmed again at 18w1d 2d sono.?
  • Options
    At my 14w3d appt. Dr asked if we wanted to know the sex if he saw it.. we said yes. (He said he is usually pretty accurate, even so early) But baby wasn't in the right position. I was kinda of bummed, but now I'm kind of glad. I just wouldn't want to find out too soon, if it ended up being wrong. Even if he was pretty sure of the sex, I don't think I would have been totally convinced until my next appt anyway. We have our big U/S march 11th @ 18w3d, so its not too long of a wait.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    I had a first trimester screen @ 13 wks 6 days and the tech guessed a girl. I just went in for my 5 month appt. this afternoon and the tech was correct. It's definitely  girl! My doctor told me there is about an 80% accuracy rate when determining gender at the end of the first trimester.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We were told it was a boy at 15 weeks and had it confirmed yesterday at our 20 week ultrasound. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"