Connecticut Babies
Options

Hartford area hospitals? Recs?

Hi ladies, Are there are just 2 hospitals in the Hartford area: Hartford Hospital and Manchester hospital.. am I missing any? (And maybe Rockville I think). I am north of hartford slightly, but my doctor right now is in manchester area. Any recs or differences between Hartford hospital vs. manchester? which one is better? thanks

Re: Hartford area hospitals? Recs?

• Options
    Hi, there is also St. Francis which is on Asylum Ave near the West Hartford area.  My DH's daughter was born there and he thought it was a great hospital so we decided that is we would have our baby and we live near by.  Check out the website and see what you think.  Good luck on your search.
  • Options
    I delivered DS at MMH, and will be delivering DD there as well.  The Family Birthing Center is really great.  Just built maybe 3-4 years ago or so?  All the rooms are private and you labor, deliver, recover and have your postpartum stay in the same room.  The nurses are great, and they have birthing tubs and are extremely supportive of natural births.  We had a great stay there and can't wait to have this baby there too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had my son at MMH almost four years ago and had a great experience! Everyone was very nice and the rooms were clean/bright/big ..I was in the big birthing tub for hours and that was also a very relaxing area. Smile

Good luck!!

• Options
    Glad to hear the good positive feedback on the Manchester Hospital :) That's where I'm scheduled for as of right now as my current doctor is affiliated with that hospital.
  • Options
    I've heard nothing but great things about Manchester Hospital.  I'm giving birth in Hartford Hospital.  I've done the tour and had one emergency visit to L&D and was treated wall, so far, so I'm impressed with them so far.  My SIL had her son at St. Francis and loved the L&D side of things, but was very disappointed with the postpartum side.
    ~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
    imageimage
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"