Texas Babies
Options

Need to get DD off the bottle...

THE PEDI SAID SHE NEEDS TO BE OFF THE BOTTLE AND THE DAYCARE SHE IS STARTING IN MAY AGREES. I HAVE BEEN UNSUCESSFUL GETTING HER TO DRINK MILK THROUGH A SIPPY!! SHE TAKES WATER JUST FINE FROM A SIPPY. HELP!

Re: Need to get DD off the bottle...

• Options
    Have you tried a straw cup?
  • Options
    DD just learned a straw yesterday but havent tried milk...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We are finally through with bottles (and boob!) as of last week.  dd would only drink milk warm, so I would warm it, and then offer it in a sippy.  She wasn't happy about it, but she was thirsty so she drank. 

I cut out the evening bottle last. Pedi said just go cold turkey... and I sorta did that. GL!

I took away the afternoon bottle first, then morning, then evening.  I offer milk in a sippy when she wakes and at all meals. They only need around 16 oz and no more.  

ps- do you know you're typing in all caps? ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't have any advice - just commiserating! We're having to do the same thing and having trouble.  DD loves her bottles...it's definitely going to be challenging. She'll be transitioning to a new room at daycare soon and they only do sippy cups, too. 

We're definitely going to try the straw cup and (semi) cold turkey routes.  Good luck!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"