Orange County Babies
Options

NikiGee

Hi Girl,

Your lil girlies are too cute!! I am loving Dr. Dieterich, and everyone I see to run into asking who my Dr. is all know him and just rave about him. Anyway my last appointments he has given me an ultrasound which I am loving, and am wondering does he do it for every appointment?

Also, I wanted to get some feedback on the new maternity ward at St. Jude. Are all rooms private? How are they with visitors? How were the nurses?Did they allow kids as I know many right now are not with H1N1? I have young teen siblings that I know will want to come visit.

Did you take any classes through the hospital?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: NikiGee

• Options
    So happy you love him.  We did too!  My older dd is sick right now so I don't have enough time to answer this post really well right now.  Will answer soon!  St. Jude was AWESOME!  There are a few other girls on here (zees, MrsRebecca) who delivered there too!
  • Options

I think you've just lucked out on the ultrasounds because he didn't do that for me!  He did give me one my very first appt. because I had been so sick with the flu and ended up in the ER four days before that appt. and the ER hadn't seen a heartbeat (it was too early still) so he gave me one and low and behold that four days made a huge difference because she had a h/b!

Like I said above, St. Jude was so great.  Definitely be sure to schedule your tour once you get closer.  Everything was so impressive!  The L&D rooms are huge and awesome and the mother/baby unit rooms are all private.  The nurses were just so wonderful and helpful.  I really can't say enough.  They were really slow when we were there so maybe we just got extra attention they were just soooooo wonderful to us.

We lucked out on the visitation thing as I had dd on 11/24 and to my understanding rules changed on 12/1 where they weren't allowing anyone under the age of 18 in to visit.  Hopefully things will have changed by then for you since the h1n1 thing won't be so bad by then.

We didn't take any of their classes as we had taken (and dropped out of halfway through) the birthing class at St. Joe's with dd1.  If I'm not mistaken, I think Zees may have taken some of their classes.

How are you feeling?  Again, so happy you love Dr. D... I think he's great too and his office staff are very sweet! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much...this info is perfect! I am loving Dr. D and his office staff, they have all been so wonderful and have made this experience very calming especially for a 1st timer who questions every little ache and pain :) Im really looking forward to touring St. Jude and can't wait to see the awesome rooms. Hopefully come August they will allow my younger siblings to come visit, but if not oh well :( I am starting to feel human again, starting at 9 weeks I was throwing up every night and was beyond tired. March 10th is our BIG U/S at St. Jude so we are anxiously awating that and pray the baby cooperates :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"