Pennsylvania Babies
Options

Snowed in again... thinking of baby names

I hate being snowed in and it makes me wish our LO was here so I had someone to spend the day with!

I've been taking this time to look up baby names, and here's what my husband and I have come up with:

Girl: Makenna Lynn (looking at it now, it seems like there are a lot of ns)  I also like Hannah Danielle (Danielle is my middle name) but I know Hannah is very popular now too.

Boy: Jacob Lee

Lee is my hubby's middle name too.  I'm a little concerned b/c Jacob is the #1 ranked boy name right now. Does that matter?  What do you think?

Re: Snowed in again... thinking of baby names

• Options

I think if you love a name, use it!  Who cares if it's popular?  We named DD Emma because it's a name I've loved forever.  Yeah, she'll probably go through school with about 5 other Emma's, but as a Jessica I had the same issue and it never bothered me. 

I like all of your name choices :)  Jacob would have been on my list if DD were a boy, but I know it's a name my BFF totally loves so I wouldn't have used it just because of that.  And Lee would have been our middle name for a boy; it's DH's dad's name.

What about Makenna Danielle if you're worried about too many n's (though how often will she write out her full name and honestly, I don't think anyone would look at it and say "oh my, there are way too many n's in that name!" lol)?

• Options

Honestly, I wouldn't even worry about it.  DH and I have been settled on names for this LO for quite a while, and the names (first and middle for both boy or girl) are all old family names that we want to use - and unfortunately, with the comeback of older, classic, and traditional names, the first names we've chosen for both a boy and a girl are highly popular right now.  We're not worrying about it - we love the names; they have meaning because of all the family connections; and utimately, we prefer names that have significance to us rather than choosing a random name out of a book just so that our child doesn't have a popular name. 

Just our view on that!  As for your girl name - I would consider how the name sounds when said aloud more than how it looks when written (and IMO, both of yours do sound fine when said aloud). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I definitely agree to just go with what you love most:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"