Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Care after circumcision

If you had your son circumcised, did your doctor tell you anyway to care for penis after it heals? I've heard from some people they were told to pull skin back but wasn't sure if that was true, and if my doc told me, i forgot. TIA

Re: Care after circumcision

• Options
    Yes! Pull down the skin after it heals or it can reattach!
  • Options
    We were told to glob on A & D ointment (so nothing stck to his diaper) and leave it alone. Dr didn't say anything about anything reattaching.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The hospital staff told us to use Vaseline on a gauze pad with each diaper change. Our doctor who actually performed the circumcision told us to use Neosporin with Pain Relief in place of the Vaseline.

I don't remember anything about pulling the skin back.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    PLEASE ask your dr! Different circ's require different after care. We had a plastibell circ that required nothing (no pulling of the skin) all we needed to do was glob vaseline on the diaper so the penis wouldnt stick to the diaper. Thats it. But yours might be different.
  • Options
    I've never heard about anything reattaching. All I had to do was glob a bunch of vaseline on a gauze pad to put over before I put the diaper on. I would def. check w/ your dr.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagemaryverrecchia:
    PLEASE ask your dr! Different circ's require different after care. We had a plastibell circ that required nothing (no pulling of the skin) all we needed to do was glob vaseline on the diaper so the penis wouldnt stick to the diaper. Thats it. But yours might be different.

My Pedi told me to use vaseline as well but it still stuck a little! After it stuck she said to start pulling it back! She also recommended using vaseline for a few months just to make sure! 

• Options
    We were told to put a big glob of vaseline on a gauze pad so it didn't stick to the diaper and after a week to pull the skin down.
  • Options
    We had the plastibell procedure and were told that he didn't need any special care. The ring just fell off yesterday and he looks perfectly normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"