Babies on the Brain
Options

Anyone here from Ohio?

What's to be expected from an Ohio summer?

I will be there June 14 - July 23 and will be outdoors a decent chunk of the time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone here from Ohio?

• Options
    FK lives there. 
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Depends on what area of ohio..

Cincinnati will be warm in June- Hot and Humid in July. HUMID!! However, it really depends on the year. Last year it was cool all summer (70's and not much humidity, but that was an exception.)

HTH

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I'll be going here. Sounds pretty similar to a Georgia summer.  I am pretty used to humidity, but I definitely don't care for it.  Ugh. 
  • Options

I'm from Akron originally (about 30 min south of Cleveland) and it can get into the 80's, but more likley it'll be somewhere in the 70's.  Humid, but not usually real hot if that makes sense? 

What part of Ohio will you be in?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageRedRobin81:

I'm from Akron originally (about 30 min south of Cleveland) and it can get into the 80's, but more likley it'll be somewhere in the 70's.  Humid, but not usually real hot if that makes sense? 

Columbus (link above if interested)

• Options
    i pph columbus.  If you can, squeeze a trip to cosi. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    imageboxermama24:
    imageRedRobin81:

I tried the link, it said "page not found" :( 

Columbus is super fun, weather should be warm and there's lots to do.  I second BallSox, if you can get to COSI do it! 

• Options
    I went to OSU...love Columbus..agree go to COSI!
    "Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Options
    imageRedRobin81:
    imageboxermama24:
    imageRedRobin81:

I tried the link, it said "page not found" :( 

Columbus is super fun, weather should be warm and there's lots to do.  I second BallSox, if you can get to COSI do it! 

The link works for me. Try again?

• Options

OMG, I love COSI.  I haven't been there in about 20 years, but that's okay.

Ahh, memories of Girl Scout lock-ins at COSI.

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBallSox:

I hope I'll be able to do this.  Suggestions welcome.  The program is Monday - Saturday 8-5 and much of the work I will do will take place after hours, working with my dog in the fields.  So I'm not sure how much free time I'll have but maybe on a Sunday I could do something.  How far away is it from Columbus?

• Options
    imageboxermama24:

imageBallSox:

I hope I'll be able to do this.  Suggestions welcome.  The program is Monday - Saturday 8-5 and much of the work I will do will take place after hours, working with my dog in the fields.  So I'm not sure how much free time I'll have but maybe on a Sunday I could do something.  How far away is it from Columbus?

It's in Columbus and probably about 20-25 minutes from where you'll be. 

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagegreenclown:
    imageboxermama24:

imageBallSox:

It's in Columbus and probably about 20-25 minutes from where you'll be. 

Ok, for some reason I thought it was a town.  Is it a restaurant or something?

• Options
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagegreenclown:

Awesome!  I will definitely try to arrange a little field trip with (hopefully some new) friends for a Sunday while I'm there! :)

• Options
    Ohio humidity can feel nasty ... there. Then I moved to NC and realized that Ohio humidity was refreshing. It'll be warm, maybe occasionally really warm, occasionally sticky. Coming from Georgia, the weather will be pleasant.
  • Options
    You really cannot predict it. It will be hot and humid one day then sweatshirts and jeans the next. Plan for everything. That's Ohio for you!
  • Options
    I live in Columbus, and agree w/ all PPs- it can be really humid or it could be very nice. Ohio weather can be unpredictable so you could get a whole range of kind of chilly to extremely hot while you are here. HTH
  • Options

I went to college outside of Columbus.

Trust me when I say the humidity in Columbus is not NEARLY as bad as Georgia.  I moved from college in Ohio right to Georgia, and the two are not comparable in the least bit.

Also, I feel like the only person that hates Columbus...

• Options
    I went to college in Dayton and can tell you that te summers in Ohio are nothing compared to Georgia. Only thing that drove me nuts was the river would stink like rotten ass but I imagine Columbis doesn't have that problem.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"