Michigan Babies
Options

How to deal with soo much change?

During this pregnancy I have.........  Thrown up multiple times a day,  Gotten married,  had epic heartburn,  gone on disability leave from work,  Put four offers in on houses ( only to have them all rejected! ),  etc..  

Now to put the icing on the cake my husband lost his job unexpectedly and I am literally about to pop!  Our insurance was in his name so now I have to scramble to see if I can maybe get different coverage through my work. 

I have been soo stressed my entire pregnancy that I really worry it will affect the baby.   What if I'm a disconnected or even resentful towards my bundle of joy?  Will I ever want to go through this again and have another one?  Does anybody else feel this way and have some words of wisdom for me? 

Don't get me wrong, I have always loved and wanted kids.   I always knew that I wanted to be a mommy.   I keep hearing from friends and family members that pretty much after the baby is born I will never sleep or get a moment to myself again.  Their advice is doing little to alay my fears.  I need someone to tell me that it's going to be worth it.  That they felt the same way. 

Re: How to deal with soo much change?

• Options

It's totally worth it =)

My parents had some similar stresses when my mom was pregnant w/ my now-adult brother, but it's always been obvious that they've seen him as such a huge blessing despite the stressful circumstances surrounding the pregnancy and birth. 

And, yes, having a baby is a lot of work, and for the first few weeks you will probably be sleep-deprived and overwhelmed, but children are such a precious miracle... and honestly, this too shall pass... you're not always going to be sleep-deprived or feel like you don't get a moment to yourself.  So much of it is about making the most of the moments and enjoying them, even if you do feel so tired you can't keep your eyes open Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagewnk1029:

It's totally worth it =)

My parents had some similar stresses when my mom was pregnant w/ my now-adult brother, but it's always been obvious that they've seen him as such a huge blessing despite the stressful circumstances surrounding the pregnancy and birth. 

And, yes, having a baby is a lot of work, and for the first few weeks you will probably be sleep-deprived and overwhelmed, but children are such a precious miracle... and honestly, this too shall pass... you're not always going to be sleep-deprived or feel like you don't get a moment to yourself.  So much of it is about making the most of the moments and enjoying them, even if you do feel so tired you can't keep your eyes open Wink

Very well said.  There are going to be great days and there will be bad days.  But when you get that tiny reward of a big smile, it just makes everything worth it.  There is nothing wrong with being nervous about how things are going to change once baby comes.  Everyone goes through that.  But, you just make it work once it is upon you.  I hope that all of the other issues will get resolved too.  That is a lot to deal with all at one time!  Thinking of you and your family!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"