Success after IF
Options

Tell me your non-doubling beta stories

hi ladies, i am asking this question for a friend.  she lost her last pregnancy and just found out she is pregnant again.  she has only had one period since her D&C.  the first two betas did not double at 48 hours, but the 3rd did.  the doctors are telling her it is most likely not viable and she is obviously devastated.  any positive stories i could tell her from you lovely ladies?  thanks!

Re: Tell me your non-doubling beta stories

• Options

Mine had like a 96 hour doubling time the first two draws. Then it took off. That was my pregnancy with DS1, and he was fine.

• Options
    My second beta had only barely doubled in 72 hours, and my DS is fine!  My betas are in my siggy.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine never doubled in 48 hours and I was pregnant with 3 at the time.  Mine doubled in about 52-56 hours.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My first two betas did not double...but the third did, but they were also pretty low.  I got the call from my doctors office after the second one and they were so grim :(  That was the worst, they had no hope, but told me to do the 3rd beta anyway.

My non-doubling, low rising beta is now 13 months old!!

• Options
    Mine never doubled, sorry I don't have my number handy but my success is taking a nap.
  • Options

My first three betas did not double.  They were close but never got there within 48 hours.  It was 99 then 190 and I forgot the 3rd one.   I also got the call from my doctors office after the second one where they were so grim.  They were shocked each time my numbers went up at all.

I also had 3 ultrasounds before the doctor could see a heartbeat.  This baby just started off slow but is still going at 13 weeks and has now caught up in size to his/her due date (we did IVF so we know exactly what date conceived).

My friend just had her first 2 betas and they didn't double either - her nurse said not to worry as long as it kept going up - at some point, something kicks in and the numbers start doubling- but she had seen a lot of slow rising betas in the early stages.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    My first beta was low (don't remember exact number) and the second didn't double.  I was told not to get my hopes up too high.  The third beta looked fantastic and we have a 6 month old to show for it!
  • Options
    My 2nd to 3rd beta was terrible. Didn't double at all. It was like 415 to 630 or something like that in 48 hours. Even my doctor told me not to get my hopes up. Well I went on to have a health TWIN pregnancy.  :) Betats dont mean everythign as you can see
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"