3rd Trimester
Options

XP: @ 30 weeks travel restrictions?

Ok so heres the deal ( hopefully you can follow ) ( im from ( almost 2nd ) trimester )

DH and I are trying to save money.. we really want to get away before the baby gets here ( We were planning to go during my 2nd Tri on a vacation or babymoon )

DH's younger brother and girlfriend need some sort of 'adult' supervision to go to her parents house in Rehobeth Beach, DE,  Which is a  4 hour ride ( not including stops especially for me ). At the time I will be 30 weeks pregnant. ( we wont have to pay anything except for gas.. even food is covered )

What are the travel restrictions when being this far along with car rides? and being that far away from my OB in the first place?

How were you feeling at 30 weeks?

Would you go? Do you think its worth it? HELP... idk what to do and im unsure.

Smilethanks ladies!

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: XP: @ 30 weeks travel restrictions?

• Options

I would've went--there's no restrictions at 30wks that I'm aware of that'd prevent you from going somewhere in the car;  you just want to get out of the car and walk around every now and then (to reduce swelling/risk of clots);  my only issue w/going is I would've needed a bathroom every 45 mins :-)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I would go. Unless you are high risk, I don't see why an Ob would say no.
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    awesome this is what i was hoping for. This is my first so I wasnt quite sure!

4-7-11 - Natural MC @ 4w5d 6-27-11- MC @ 5w6dPgAL/PAL WelcomeDD#1- 8/20/2010DD#2- 6/21/2012EDD #3~ 5/1/2014 ~ Team Green
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I flew for 3 hours and then drove for 10 at 30 weeks. The only negative was that we had to stop a lot for me to pee.

• Options
    I drove 6 hours by myself at 32 weeks. For me it was no big deal at all. I stopped once or twice and made sure to pack lots of water and snacks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have no restrictions and won't until 36 weeks (provided nothing goes wrong between now and then). I wouldn't think twice about driving 4 hours at this point. I'm actually kind of wishing that I could buy a plane ticket to Washington right now (I'm in Colorado) but I don't have the extra time or cash. You'll just have to stop to pee, snack, and walk around a little on the drive up. I would definitely do.
  • Options
    I travel for my job and I'm not restricted until 35 weeks for a healthy pregnancy.  Just got back from Florida at 33 weeks! 
  • Options
    I travelled 2.5 hours each way in a car for a day trip this weekend and it was fine.  I drove but convince my DH to come with me incase anything happened.  Besides having to stop once each way for a pee break I felt great.
  • Options
    No travel restrictions for me until 34 weeks. And a 4 hour car ride is nothing. Go on the trip!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"