New Jersey Babies

Introduction from a Central Jersey Newbie

Hi. I'm Lauren and this is my first post on here.  My husband and I got married this past July, and two days ago he got a vasectomy reversal so that we can start our family. I think he's the most wonderful man in the world :)

It's the 2nd marriage for both of us (he has 16 and  a 14-year old daughter from his 1st marriage) We won't be able to start trying for about 6 weeks from now after he's fully healed, but since I'm 37 and  I have never tried to become pregnant before, i thought I would start looking around on here to see what advice people have.  I have no idea what kind of difficulties, if any, I'll encounter when trying to conceive, and though my general attitude is very positive, there are many people out there who love to remind me how difficult it is to conceive after 35, so I guess we'll see soon enough!

Anyway, that is my story.  I look forward to chatting with some fellow New Jersey girls. 

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

Re: Introduction from a Central Jersey Newbie

• sorry,  don't  have  any  advice  for  you,  but  just  wanted to  say welcome.
  • Welcome! Not many people post here, so you might want to try BOTB or TTGP! Good luck!
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the board. I had my girls at 37. I had IVF but I have many friends from school who are having babies now at 38-39 with no help. Good luck to u!
  • Welcome and lots of luck!

• Thank you ladies!
    TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• Hi Lauren!  Welcome!

I had my son last August at age 39?conceived at 38 with no issues in 5 months. So while it CAN be harder for some to conceive after 35, it's not the case for everyone.

Sending baby dust your way...

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Thanks for the encouragement and baby dust.  Smile

Congratulations on your little one.  I am thinking positively!

• Welcome! Central Jersey here too and Im due next month =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"