Parenting
Options

Which would you do?

I talked to a friend today about having her 13yo daughter watch my DS when I go to my prenatal appts. The girl is home schooled so she can be available during the day (since it is just once a month). The first time I am just dropping DS off at their house. I don't really want to do this too much since my friend has other kids that will be trying to do schoolwork while DS is there. I could take her with me and have her keep DS in the waiting room. It wouldn't be as much fun, but I would feel more comfortable having them with me. Or I could pick her up and have her watch him at our house. I am a little hesitant to do that though since she isn't old enough to drive yet and we are out in the country. Her mom is ok with either scenario. Which would you do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Which would you do?

• Options
    I would personally probably take her to the appointment with you.  But I guess it depends on the 13y/o and how far away her parents live from you.  If they are next door I would probably be ok leaving her at your house with DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She is very responsible and grown-up for her age, but her parents live 15 minutes away from us. Also, my Dr. is 45 minutes away, so I can't get home very quickly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd be comfortable dropping DS off at the friend's house; is it possible her daughter & your DS can go to a different room so they won't disturb the other kids working?  

I'd want the time for my prenatal appts to myself, honestly.  It would be nice to have that little bit of time to myself and I wouldn't want to be stressing about whether DS was tearing apart the waiting room or whatever.  He'd definitely have more fun at your friend's house, right?  

I'm like you, though, I wouldn't be comfortable having her come to my house and be there alone w/ DS; too much can go wrong and she just isn't in a position to deal with it.   

• Options
    I would take her with me. I agree that she is not ready to watch him alone at your house
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"