Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

DD decided she hates DH

She has a wall-eyed screaming fit more than half the time he holds her.  I pick her and she calms down, give her back to him and she goes crazy again. Poor DH, I feel bad for him.  He acts so hurt.

Re: DD decided she hates DH

• Options
    I know it'll be hard, but maybe you should give DD to your DH for an hour or so and go do something else. Maybe even go run some errands, so that you are out of the house and can't be tempted to run in and help him. My DH will be staying home with LO, on his days off, when I go back to work in a week. He needs to learn how to soothe LO on his own without my suggestions and input. So, the last couple of nights I've let DH do his thing with DD while I get other chores, etc. done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAbinormal:
    I know it'll be hard, but maybe you should give DD to your DH for an hour or so and go do something else. Maybe even go run some errands, so that you are out of the house and can't be tempted to run in and help him. My DH will be staying home with LO, on his days off, when I go back to work in a week. He needs to learn how to soothe LO on his own without my suggestions and input. So, the last couple of nights I've let DH do his thing with DD while I get other chores, etc. done.

I went out for a couple hours the other night and left her with him.  He kept texting me and said she wailed for an hour and 15 min.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS#1 did this to my husband starting about the same age. Most babies are more clingy to mommy and some more than others. Do you BF? DS#1 wanted to BF 24/7 because he was a comfort nurser so that had a lot to do with it. Give it time, your LO will grow out of it and then they're in love with daddy and want to be with him more! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"