Adoption
Options

CRAZY WEEKEND!!! kinda long!

We are currently all approved and waiting, we were approved and did our homestudy through Catholic Charities. About a month ago our social worker with Catholic Charities left and went back to work for the County. We were sad- we really liked her. She told me we would keep in touch and she wished us the best. On Friday I got a call from her that there is  4 week old caucasian baby girl perfectly healthy that has been in foster care since birth and the foster parents have a family member that is very sick and cannot care for her. There is still some legal risk involved since TPR has not happened yet. But mom has lost several kids to the system due to drug use.

Our old SW asked me if we were willing to take the risk we could have the baby- and she would take care of all the paperwork to move our approval over to be county approved. We agreed. So we are picking up a baby girl tomorrow at noon!!

We are over the moon! I know there is a chance that we may not keep her, but for now we are going to enjoy every minute with her. OMG!!! Wish us luck!!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CRAZY WEEKEND!!! kinda long!

• Options
    That's incredibly exciting!  Good luck.
  • Options
    Good luck! Then, technically, is this a foster? Have you ever fostered before or taken foster classes? We need to take foster classes per our state mandate, we need to take 8 hours(we need a foster license to adopt), but actual foster parents need to take like 30 hours(for a foster license to foster/adopt).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love these posts!! Good luck, and keep us updated.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

We completed the 30 hours of  MAPP classes- then decided that domestic adoption was a better fit for us. So after completing the classes we switched over to Catholic Charities. Catholic Charites was great- they worked with us. They work very close with the county so the county was able to forward all our info over to them. Now it looks like our homestudy from Catholic Charities will go back to the county!!

We have never fostered before and yes technically this is a foster situation, but from what we were told its pretty good that the mother will not get her baby back, since she has already lost 4 to the system because of drug use. Technically this baby should have been offered to another foster family, but they want to her to go to a family that could end up being her forever family, which is why our old SW contacted us. For some reason we have a lot of babies that need foster homes in our county and not a lot of foster parents that want babies right now. I have two friends that are doing foster to adopt and both have them got brand new babies from the hospital within the last week- so we must have a baby boom going on!

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SO exciting!  Keep us updated!
    *TTC since February 08* 2 IUIs that didn't take, exploratory LAP and hysterscopy in September 2010 that revealed nothing, means we're adopting! Preliminary paper work to agency & started home study in 11/10 Profiles to agency on 1/12/11 - Officially waiting! First home study visit scheduled for 1/29/11 Matched (Eek!) on 1/24/11 *Sweet baby boy born on 1/26/11* Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Very exciting!! GL
  • Options

It really is amazing how some things happen! This just may be how your daughter comes to you. And if by some chance it doesn't work out...you and your husband are the ones that are meant to care for  her during this time!

Best wishes!!!!!

• Options
    I think it is so wonderful that the SW thought of you and your DH. I hope everything works out, best wishes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Wow!!!  Congratulations!!!  What a roller coaster!!  Keep us up to date!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wow - great circumstances for you! Congrats!
  • Options
    Wow!  Good luck.  That little baby sure is lucky to have you guys!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"