We are currently all approved and waiting, we were approved and did our homestudy through Catholic Charities. About a month ago our social worker with Catholic Charities left and went back to work for the County. We were sad- we really liked her. She told me we would keep in touch and she wished us the best. On Friday I got a call from her that there is 4 week old caucasian baby girl perfectly healthy that has been in foster care since birth and the foster parents have a family member that is very sick and cannot care for her. There is still some legal risk involved since TPR has not happened yet. But mom has lost several kids to the system due to drug use.
Our old SW asked me if we were willing to take the risk we could have the baby- and she would take care of all the paperwork to move our approval over to be county approved. We agreed. So we are picking up a baby girl tomorrow at noon!!
We are over the moon! I know there is a chance that we may not keep her, but for now we are going to enjoy every minute with her. OMG!!! Wish us luck!!