Success after IF
Options

Question for ladies with diminished ovarian reserve

Hi ladies,

I'm mostly a TTCALer, sometimes post on IF, but it seemed this board would be a good one for answers. I'm 27 and was dx'ed with diminished ovarian reserve. My AMH was super low - 0.8 when it should be 3.0-4.0. My follicle count is relatively decent, given my AMH level - it was 15. I got pregnant 3 times last year, and had 3 miscarriages. My RE thinks I have a lot of low-quality eggs and that my body keeps O'ing with those and that's why the embryos aren't viable.

He recommended IVF, and as soon as possible, especially if we want more than one, because there's no way to know how fast my ovarian reserve is tanking. We were gearing up to start an IVF cycle in March, but just filled out our tax paperwork. I have no motherloving idea what happened b/c we didn't change our withholdings, but somehow we owe several thousand dollars to Uncle Sam, and now there's just no way we can do IVF this year. If we do it, we'd have to put it off till next year. 

I'm also seeing a naturopath, for diet, supplementation and acupuncture. I want to believe that I can just get pregnant with that help, but I was already the healthiest person I know, and let's face it, crackheads have babies all the time, and it's not like they're low-stress and eating lots of veggies. So my question is just if any of you ladies had the same or similar dx, and what did you do? Did any of you get pg adn carry to term naturally? Did you do IVF? Did it work? And if you've read all this up to here, you're a saint!

Thanks! 

Re: Question for ladies with diminished ovarian reserve

• Options

I didn't find out until we were setting my protocol for my IVF cycle that I have low AMH.  My AMH was 0.4.  I assume I have DOR but was not officially diagnosed with it.  I had 4 eggs retrieved with my IVF cycle, all 4 fertilized, and I now have a 2 month old baby boy.  We are planning on not waiting longer than a year to do IVF again if I don't get pregnant before then because of the probably DOR. 

I'm so sorry about the taxes.  That really sucks.  I'd do what you're doing with the acupuncture but do IVF as soon as you can, just in case your doctor is correct.  I did read a post on an infertility blog today though where the doctor stated that AMH can be incorrect so it's still not a definitive test, though it is accurate most of the time.  https://infertilityblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/questions-bout-infertility-issues.html

((hugs)) I wish I had better advice for you, but I hope knowing that my AMH is much lower than yours helps you believe that it's very possible for you to have a baby.

After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
    BFP with no treatment!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"