Parenting after a Loss
Options

How much solid food

Are your LO's eating in one sitting?  I have been making a little under 1/4 cup of oatmeal and one ice cube size amount of veggies.  I have nothing to compare it to so I was just wondering what you guys were feeding your LO's.   

Also, she eats that amount of oatmeal 2x/day and the veggies at night although I'm going to start adding veggies and oatmeal for lunch too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much solid food

• Options
    Sara is eating 3 table spoons rice cereal and a tablespoon or 2 of veggies
  • Options
    Stella eats an ounce or two of fruits & veggies once or twice a day.  I try to stay away from the rice cereal since it's so filling & not alot of calories (plus it's really constipating).  I add olive oil to the veggies for extra calories & fat for my tiny little preemie. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never once measured, but I eyeball it and/or count out cubes and early on based each meal around the same. Early, I would prepare a meal based on what I thought he could/would eat and if he finished it that was the end of the meal. Now I will keep pulling out food until he is finished. When I asked what to do, this is what the the pedi said. Breakfast and dinner are generally bigger than lunch now. At this age and stage of solids, he will eat over 8oz (my guess) some meals. It's crazy how much he can put away!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options

I think that sounds about right for what EC would eat at 6 months.  We didn't add in lunch for a few weeks though.  If you're worried, just offer more to see if she'll eat it.  Its all trial and error these days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"