Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Confession:

It weirds me out when people excessively refer to their unborn child by name.

I don't mean this directed at anyone on here. One of my FB friends has been posting ALL DAY status updates involving Baby'sName, Baby'sName's stuff, and Baby'sName in relation to her DD...

I dunno. I know I'm probably the weird one in this (especially since I'm a firm believer that Baby develops his/her personality before birth), but nonetheless, it's just not something I can do nor understand. To me, little Sprout isn't of this world yet, so s/he doesn't get called by name yet. ::shrugs::

Re: Confession:

• Options

I agree with you 100% on this! It drives me bonkers too. JMO!

I know someone who was Team Green, but they "felt" they were having a girl, so they occasionally called the baby by the girl name they had picked out. Not often, but a few times. Baby was born a boy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree too- I am also a bit paranoid, so it just freaks me out a little bit.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree. That is probably colored by the fact that someone I know who is completely BSC did this. 
  • Options
    I have no idea what to call him. I agree with you that calling an unborn baby by his/her name is weird. So is saying it.
  • Options
    I completely agree!  When my friend was pg she began signing emails "Her name, DH's name, and baby's name" for any and all family updates when she was only 6 months pg.  Then she signed her Christmas card the same way (but it wasn't a picture of them so it was weird to me).  Drove me nuts!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I agree.  Even though we had DD's name picked out way ahead of time we still felt weird calling her by it.  But it fit her perfectly when she was born and it was natural at that point. 

With DS we have two options so it will be interesting to see what he fits!

• Options
    Agreed.  They'd always been refered as the baby.  And after the 20 week u/s, baby boy or baby girl.  Done.
  • Options

I think it's weird too.  It seems like a lot of people on here and IRL refer to their unborn child by their name so I thought I was the only one that didn't, making me the weird one.  Even once we found out the gender, we stilled called it the baby.  It seemed weird to refer to the baby as "him."

Kodiak Jackson ~ 3.01.09
    Aspen Marley ~ 12.22.11
    My Blog of Randomness - Pocketful of Roses
  • Options
    now i feel like the weird one!
    as soon as we knew jack was a boy he was "baby jack" to us and when we were talking about him most of the time. i cannot wait to find out the sex of this baby so we can settle on a name and stop referring to the baby as "the new baby".
    it just seems more real to me when i have a name to go with the baby...but i am really weird about stuff like that too and i admit if we don't see a good profile/face shot at the ultrasound i will have a harder time. with jack we got a very good look at his face in the 20 week ultrasound and he just WAS a jack. it probably would have been harder for me if we hadn't seen his face!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"