Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Vaginal Discharge - 6.5 month old?

I was changing DD's diaper yesterday, and she had yellow/green mucous in her diaper. There was no poop, only pee. I checked her vagina, and it was def. coming from there. She's not red or irritated and does not seem to be in pain when peeing. She does have a cold, but obviously it can't be mucous from her URI. Anyone else's DD have this?
Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Vaginal Discharge - 6.5 month old?

• Options

Could be a yeast infection or a bladder infection. Get her checked out asap.

DD had a slight yeast infection about a month ago...I didn't even know babies could get them.

• Options
    imageTomkat8403:

Could be a yeast infection or a bladder infection. Get her checked out asap.

DD had a slight yeast infection about a month ago...I didn't even know babies could get them.

I don't think it's yeast. I'm a pediatric derm PA and see yeast all the time, and it doesn't look like that...that's usually more of a white, creamy discharge and they get like little pimples. Not to be TMI, but this looks like snot! But your DD's yeast infection was green mucous??? My supervising physicians are both pediatricians (to be a pedi derm, you have to be a pedi first, then do a derm fellowship), so I'll ask them tomorrow. And if all else fails, I'll call her pedi tomorrow. It was only 1 diaper, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would assume its from the cold.. but I would have her checked out anyway
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    No, no! Hers wasn't green, and yes, she had the pimples. I just knew discharge was a possible symptom of a yeast infection. And anything yellow and green usually indicates infection right?
  • Options

imageTomkat8403:
    No, no! Hers wasn't green, and yes, she had the pimples. I just knew discharge was a possible symptom of a yeast infection. And anything yellow and green usually indicates infection right?

Normally, yes. My dad is a doctor, I asked him and he said it was normal (he's not a pedi though). He said since the vagina is a mucosal membrane, it makes mucous. I don't know if I trust him, LOL. And I don't remember this from PA school or my ped's rotation. Oh well, I'll ask tomorrow. Thanks!!

• Options
    You took the words right out of my mouth OP. I don't have a girl so I obviously have no personal experience with what you're describing, but to me anything other than clear or milkly looking discharge would send out "infection" signals. I'd make a pedi appt STAT to rule it out. GL! Please let us know what they say since I'm willing to bet you're not the only girl mama who will face this at some point.
  • Options
    both of my dd's had that when they were infants and It was nothing!
  • Options

imagemamaoftwingirls:
    both of my dd's had that when they were infants and It was nothing!

Thank you!! That's what I figured, but it still made me nervous!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"