Parenting after 35
Options

I think we'll try something new tonight.

So, we are thinking we are going to let Sydney sleep and wake US up when she is hungry.  We think we might be messing with her too much by waking her up to eat.  It takes her FOREVER to wake up and then as soon as she is done eating we are trying for what seems like an eternity to get her back down.

What do you guys think?  I mean, it's not like she's going to starve.  She has put back on all her birth weight and then some.  Normally she eats every three hours during the day and every four hours at night.  But WE always wake her to eat.  We had an "a-ha" moment today when we revisited last night's sleepless hours.  It seems a little backwards to me.  

Do you think it would be ok?

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think we'll try something new tonight.

• Options
    That's what we did. I think it works best that way, and you'll be more in tune with her schedule as well.
  • Options
    Go for it - we ended up going by our LO's schedule early on and we're pretty darn ok with that.  He ends up getting his last meal at 9-9:30 and then he falls asleep, 99% of the time he'll STTN.  Good luck and good sleeping!  :o)
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you will be fine.  I know at first you think they need it but she'll be OK. Esp since she has reached her birth weight already.

My mom told me if shes not purple or breathing, dont wake her up. I guess some people might disagree.

• Options
    Worth a try!  If it doesn't work, you could try "dream feeding," feeding her while she's still asleep...
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

We have been letting Teagan sleep at night until she is hungry since we got the go ahead that we didn't have to feed every three hours ( @ 2 wks).  She nurses about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day then will sleep for about 5 1/2 to 6 hours at night.  I wake up before her because I am full.  She is well over her birth weight. I even had to put away some of her sleepers because she is just to long. 

I say give it try because I sure understand of the difficulties of waking one up to eat.  GL.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I listened to all the doctors in the beginning and was waking LO up in the middle of the night to feed and had the same issue as you when I tried putting him back to bed.  Granted, I was full and needed to get up and pump anyway so it was fine by me...but when I stopped pumping (I was EP) I realized that I could let him sleep until he felt like eating.  He SSTN on the first try and has been doing so ever since (yes i am very grateful to be so lucky).  So I say GO FOR IT!!!  You never know, LO might be a sleeper!  Smile GL!
  • Options

We have always let Maddie wake us up. I would only wake her if she was losing weight. My supply stabalized to her schedule really quickly.

• Options
    How did it go? We've been letting C sleep till she wakes up since she regained her birth weight. Only twice has that been longer than 3 hours <sigh>
  • Options

I hope it went OK!

I was going to say, my only advice for a baby that young, that doing let her go longer than 4-5 hours?if you get that far?during the night or 3-4 during the day. That's what my pedi recommended at first. NOT that Aaron ever let me sleep that long then. lol

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Options
    Yes. That is what we did!
  • Options
    i only woke mine up maybe twice early on when the ped told us she HAD to eat every 3-4 hrs max - but sh e wasnt gaining at the time. now we never wake her to eat and shes still up every 3-4 hrs.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow!  You get 4 hours of sleep at a time?  My LO only sleeps  2 hours then its time for another feeding. Congrats!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"