1st Trimester
Options

Has this happened to anyone???

Question for you PG ladies.

I am 7 days since expected AF and have done 4 HPT's-all BFN!

This is not normal for my body at all-I'm VERY regular, and have been tired, and very sensitive to smell this past week.  DH thinks there is something up, but I don't know what to think. 

Did anyone else have delays in positive HPT or not get a BFP right away?  Any advice/help would be so appreciated I am so impatient and confused. 

Re: Has this happened to anyone???

• Options
    Have you been stressed or worried? That could delay AF.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Do you know for sure when you ovulated?  Like PP said stress can cause your body to O late, or your body might just be changing.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am never. ever. late, but then my first cycle trying I was 2.5 weeks late, took a few hpt over that time, all BFNs, I thought surely I must be PG and the tests weren't picking it up, then AF showed up. Sometimes bodies do weird things, I wasn't even stressed that cycle.
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • Options
    I didn't get the BFP until 8 days after I expected AF and I had taken a few HPTs throughout that time, all negative.  My body had been irregular for a few months after stopping BC though.  
    DD #1 August 2010 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Did you just go off the pill?  That was the only time I ever missed a period w/out being pregnant.

Did all 4 of your tests come from the same box?  If so, I'd try a test from a different box.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

No extra stress or worry lately, or working out, etc. that might change it.  Perhaps it's just a messed up month for AF.  I guess I should just wait--I'm so impatient lol.

• Options
    Been off BC for 17 months now and had dr. appointment with OBGYN mid Jan and she said everything with me and DH is all good.  Thank you for all your stories and advice-makes me feel better :)
  • Options
    If you're not charting your BBT then you cannot be sure when you ovulated.  If you ovulated late this cycle then AF would in turn be "late." Even if your cycles usually are the same number of days, you can always have a screwy one that  will be shorter or longer than normal.  I would wait a few days and test again.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm pretty regular too, but one time I was 6 days late. I was sure I was pregnant, but I wasn't. There are the people who don't get positive tests until later, but generally if you're still getting a BFN 7 days late, you're probably not PG unless you ovulated late and didn't know it our something. Like pp have said, stress can do funny things. GL to you!
  • Options
    Sounds like you ovulated late.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

The same thing happened to me my first cycle trying to get pregnant.  I am never late.  I was a week late, had a migraine, was sure I was pregnant, took a test, it came back negative. 

Even if you don't think you were stressed, you body may be thinking differently!

Good luck! 

• Options

My sister had negative blood tests until she was eleven weeks. Not sure how that's possible scientifically, but that's her experience. The cycle before we got our BFP I was 2 weeks late with all negative tests. I've always been super super regular so it was weird. But I got all negatives and then got what I thought was my period. But who knows if that was really a period or just spotting. The next cycle we TTC as planned and I got my BFP 14 dp expected ovulation (not temping). I have my first appointment on the 9th and they're going to date the pregnancy then.

Good luck and keep testing every other day until AF arrives or you get your BFP.I'd invest in some cheapy dollar store tests.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"