Breastfeeding
Options

BreastFeeding??

Is breastfeeding really painful or is it just a rumor??

Re: BreastFeeding??

• Options
    For the first couple weeks, my nipples hurt, but now I very rarely have any pain. Like most things, it takes a little while to learn how to do it, but once you figure it out, it can go really well.  (However, I have not had any problems with my supply, clogged ducts, or anything else...) 
  • Options
    It can in the begining.  The lanisoh cream worked great for me.  BFing does take a lot of determination but if you get past the first month it gets easier.
    _____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It is for some people at the beginning when your nipples are adjusting to being sucked on.

It is so so so so so worth it though! It is: 1.) free 2.) incredibly bonding for you and LO 3.) A lot easier than making and cleaning up bottles 4.) Really helpful for losing baby weight quickly.

A few days of sore nipples was definitely a fair trade off in my experience. Get DH to wait on you hand and foot for all the $$$ you are saving the family. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am a brand new mom and struggling right now and it kills me. My nipples look like they've been run over a cheese grater. When I first started BFing, the nurses weren't really helping me and I didn't know he wasn't latched properly. He was only sucking on my nipples as opposed to taking the whole areola in his mouth.

The lactation consultant at the hospital will help though. Request to see her as often as you feel you need it. I saw mine several times and am visiting the mother/baby wellness center this week for more help.

Good luck!

• Options

Different people have different pain tolerances and of course every breastfeeding experience is unique since every baby is unique.  That said, most women I've talked to experience at least some discomfort and some really do have that "toe curling pain" they talk about. Sometimes when he would latch in those first few weeks it would be a sharp pain that would take my breath away, but after that instant it was just a general discomfort until my nipples got used to all that action.

One thing almost everyone agrees on though is that's it worth it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think it depends on the woman and baby. As long as DD is latched properly, I haven't had any pain.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"