Baby Showers
Options

How many registries?

Sorry if this has been asked recently, but I'm wondering how many different registries most people have.

I've set up registries at 2 local stores that also have websites (not national chains, but boutiques).  So someone could go to the store and they would have some of the items in stock (hopefully), but the website has everything else, and the prices are comparable or lower than major retailers.  I'm wondering if I should set up a third registry at a larger store that is less likely to run out of stock on my items (I'm noticing that problerm already with the other 2 stores, both in-store and online) and may have more things in-store, but I don't want to present too many options and make things confusing for people looking to get us a gift.

I realize people will get us whatever they want anyway, but I want to have all the items we'll need on the registry.  Thoughts?

Re: How many registries?

• Options

I think 2 registries is good. You're right that 3 might be too confusing. I just registered at Babies R Us and also The Land of Nod. However, I have noticed that there have been quite a few items that I have wanted to register for that BRU is out of stock on. It's really kind of frustrating. And, yes, it's true that a lot of people will get you whatever they want even if it's not on your registry.

Happy showering!

• Options
    I would do a third registry at a large chain but put limited reasonably priced necessities on it so you can kind of steer people toward the boutiques.  I had a friend who did two small stores once, and I went last minute for a gift and couldn't find anything at either store.  Being able to go to a Target or BRU would have been a godsend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If both shops are boutiques, I would do a third national retail chain.   If I saw this, I would totally see the reasoning behind it.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I decided to create a Target registry but not have my shower hostess say anything about it on the invite, just the 2 boutique stores.  Since everyone coming to the shower is local, I think they'll have an easy enough time with the 2 boutique stores.  Then later if anyone (faraway family and friends) asks where we're registered, we can tell about the Target one (that, or people will just find it anyway).
  • Options
    We had several places we wanted to register because we are very eco-friendly and wanted to find the most "green" baby products we could, so we ended up registering on myregistry.com. This website lets you add things from any store, so it doesn't matter how many places you want to register--it will all go on one registry. If you want people to have the option of actually finding your registry in the store and not online, this website will also let you import registries from a few big stores. I know they do this with Target and Land of Nod, but I'm not sure where else.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"