Adoption

Anyone know, is this a cyst?

I know it's a weird place to ask, but I've never had a cyst, but I have been having these horrible pains in my uterus/ovaries and it HURTS!! it comes and goes, but is painful. I took a pregnancy test and I'm def not pg, so that's not it...

Any thoughts?

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image

Re: Anyone know, is this a cyst?

• Is it one sided? Any other symptoms? Is the pain constant? Anything you do make it better/worse?
  • imageSoon2BHiker:
    Is it one sided? Any other symptoms? Is the pain constant? Anything you do make it better/worse?

It seems to only be on the left side. Just time makes the pain go away.

The pain is for like a minute or two and then lets up.

Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Well when I had cysts I only felt them when they burst. It hurt like hell for a bit then went away...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    br
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersbr>
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It sounds like a cyst, I had them on one side and felt the pain when they burst.  You should call your doctor and have them do an ultrasound to confirm.  There really wasn't anything to do to help the pain but it does eventually go away.
  • I know this seems random- but when you're laying on your stomach do you feel anything different?  When I had one it felt like I was laying on a golf ball.  Of course if it's ruptured you wouldn't feel that.  Hope you start feeling better soon!
  • COuld it be that you are ovulating? I get sharp, severe pains on one side (varies by month) that last around 12 hous or so-it is my ovary releasing the egg.
  • I went to my doc for something similar. She said if it was a rupturing cyst I wouldn't even be able to walk in the door of the clinic. She did a pap - didn't find anything despite my pain (which sounds similar to yours). I'd go in and have it looked at.
  • I've had an ovarian cyst in the past - it was a sharp, constant pain in my lower left abdomen (but you could have pain on either side).  No matter what I did, I could not get comfortable - sitting, lying down in any position, or standing.

Diagnosis involved an abdominal ultrasound - the cyst was unruptured.  The ER doc thought surgery would be needed, but my regular GYN doc was able to do a needle aspiration of the cyst trans-vaginally the next morning.  That's right - a needle through the wall of my hoo-ha.  Not comfortable, but the pain relief from having the cyst drained was almost immediate.  I felt almost normal the next day.

2 years TTC with 5 losses, 1 year recovering, 6 months applying for adoption approval, and almost a year waiting for a placement. Then, a miracle BFP at age 36!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have pain in my left ovary which is a cyst I think. It is the side I had O pain on.  If it continues I would ask a doctor, but mine is super painful this month which is unusual.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"