Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Toddlers and Movies...

I know that every child is different but I am curious when did everyone take their LO to their first movie? 

Re: Toddlers and Movies...

• Options
    We haven't yet.  I just don't think she'd sit still that long and I'm worried about the volume.
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to this summer, our local theater offers freebies during the week. Ava will be a few months past her second birthday at that point. We went last summer just for something to do while getting out of the heat. She only lasted about 30 minutes in which wasn't a big deal since it only cost me a $1 in popcorn. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and they did pretty good- Kate got a little restless but we made it through the whole movie. My advice is go to the dollar theatre so you won't be out a lot of $$$ if you have to leave. My twins are 2.5 yrs old.
  • Options

DH took our girl right after Christmas. She did *great*.  Sat perfectly, didn't talk.  Enjoyed every minute.  She came home all sassy and proud and acting like she was 14 years old.  She knew she'd just done something very cool and 'mature'. 

I think she's made a better date than I do!

Anyway, you never know till you try.  

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

• Options
    I took Alex before Christmas, at 4.
  • Options
    DD isn't quite two, and she doesn't seem ready for a movie yet.  About all she can sit through is Elmo's World.  I was thinking more like age four or five, but maybe that's too old?  I'll be interested to hear about other moms' experiences.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ben will be two at the end of February and we haven't taken him yet.  I honestly don't think he'd sit still that long. 

We're taking him to see Sesame Street Live a few days after his 2nd birthday and I'm a little concerned that he'll sit for that.  I got us aisle seats, just in case.

• Options

For our oldest we didn't take him until he was about 3 1/2 years old. It was a disaster!

He recently went with his nana/pappaw and was about 5 1/2. It went well but he still wanted to talk and get into trouble.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    He was 3m. We go at least once a month, often more than that.
  • Options

We took him for the first 2 times when he was 18 - 20 months old.  He did perfectly.  Sat glued to the movie the whole time.  However, when he got closer to 2 and we tried to take him again, he was into more of a "scared" phase and was terrified.  It was dark and loud and scary.  He wanted to leave.  That happened twice in a row, so we decided to hold off for a while.

We hope to try again this summer when Toy Story 3 comes out.  He'll be 3, and loves the first 2 Toy Story movies so much, that I hope it will be the perfect one to bring him back to.  ::fingers crossed::

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"