Success after IF
Options

Suggestions for LO struggling with solids

DDs have been so happy with their purees/yogurt/applesauce. But give them chunky things like tiny pieces of chicken, noodles, or even sweet potato that hasn't been completely thinned out with milk, and they don't bother swallowing or gag and/or throw it up.  Any suggestions?  They do pretty well with puffs, but that's about it.

Re: Suggestions for LO struggling with solids

• Options
    I'm having the same issues. When I posted about it a little while ago, the replies suggested skipping the chunky stuff and going straight to finger foods. I haven't had much success with that yet, either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My suggestion is let your LO's lead the way - if they're not there yet - that's OK.  They'll get there.  Try tiny pieces of banana and very soft avocado and go from there.  Jack was very slow and had a high gag reflex too - I still cut his food up very small (most things) but he now feeds himself chicken, hamburger, pasta, pieces of toast, bagel, graham cracker - pretty much anything within reason.  So - no rush - just take it slow and don't sweat it!  They will be eating like little truck drivers in no time. 
    Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"