Multiples
Options

another trip to L and D, confused by docs

I have been on bed rest since 1/20 went in to hospital monday for ptl, relased yesterday back to hospital again tonight for more contractions;(  The hopial has these apartments on the edge of campus that they put me in so i am close to the hospital.  Well we thought DH and DD could live here with me to help but it is not working, he would have a 3 r commut each way.   To be honest this is not the best part of town and  i am all alone in the apartment and we don;t think anyone else is even staying in the other mothers apartments so i am alone in the building. When at home DH get cooler ready for me and i stay on couch, bed, dont get up much. Being here along, i have to get up quite a bit to heat up food.  So we tried to ask the doc if this is really best choice for me (we live 35 minutes from hospital)  since it is hard to be on bed rest , be alone and do many things myself.  But they keep telling us, well that makes sence, but you know if u stay at mothers house you are close to the hospital, but when i got toe L and D tonight it was at least 2-3 hours before IVs went in and 4 hours before meds were given. I am still awake at 2 am b/c i am scared to sleep here alone, have had several panic attacks over this all.  Sorry to ramble.  I just don;t get it, they want to me rest but this is not working out when we ask what are the risk that we need to be 2 minutes away.  I mean honestly not all the high risk patients can live at this apartment and many of them are 30-40 minutes away.  AAAAAHHHH sorry i am just so torn, i want to keep the babies safe but i don;t think getting up and down all the time and being so worried and scared all the time is good for the boys either.  WWYD?  Sorry to ramble.  I am alone at the mothers house now, it is FREEZING and they told me they know it is "cool" but not to touch thermostat.  I am laying in bed wearing my coat becasue it is that cold.   
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: another trip to L and D, confused by docs

• Options

I dunno... sounds like a good time to call it and do what feels best to you.  Tough decision, but it sounds like you're not doing well where you are.

Or, another idea: Is there a friend or someone else who can come stay with you for a night or two so your DH doesn't have such a terrible commute?

• Options

wow that's tough *hugs*

I don't understand why they want you to live there?  You're only 35 minutes from the hospital.... weighing that with the fact that you need some help.... your mental attitude to just as important to factor in...... wow....

when I was pregnant with the GGG I was 45 minutes with NO TRAFFIC (so middle of the night) and WAY >1hour during the day and there was no concern from my doctor?  They just kept telling me to listen to my body.

At 24 weeks can you go inpatient again????? 

Is there a hospital social worker you can talk to.  I know ours was GREAT (well the NICU social worker) and she really really helped us figure out our technicalities (GGG were transferred when they were 7 days old etc.)

Hang on there!!!

Dee
    DS - 40W6D - Oct 2004
    DS - 41W4D - March 2007
    GGG - 33W6D - July 2008
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That situation sounds insane to me. I would NOT stay there. You are under stress and that is not good for your babes. I would have my husband come gt me asap and get into your cozy bed where your husband can bring you food and your girl can cuddle in bed with you and you can read books together. It sounds like you are in jail!!!! Go with your gut.
  • Options

These are my thoughts....

See if you can go inpatient until 24 wks.  That gives you a week to stay close by.  24 weeks is a milestone for you to make.

Then I would go home and relax with your little one and be in your own bed. I spent 5 wks on hospital bedrest, but I cannot imagine being in an apartment by myself!!!   I went in from 24 wks until 29w6d when my twins were born.

Keep us updated.  Thinking of you!!! 

• Options
    I am sorry you are going through this.  Could you maybe stay at home and have a nurse come and check on you every day or evening?  Just a thought.  I think there are monitoring services, I have heard people mention that before.  I hope you find a solution that works best.  Take care, 
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

I think your points make perfect sense. I would talk to your docs about, and lay it out for them clearly, "I don't think this is best because of xyz, and I think going home is best because of xyz."

They may just not understand all the logistics from the patient's point of view. I'm sure the mother's building sounds great in theory, and I'm sure it is for some...but not in your situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"