Baby Names
Options

Musical names

Would it be too cheesy to name my daughter Lyric being that my name is Harmony and my husband owns a sound company? Thoughts?

Re: Musical names

• Options
    Yes, absolutely.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageMrsSummitCounty:
    Yes, absolutely.

Yep 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Not at all, I think it would be adorable :)

My daughter has a musical name as well and we're considering another musical name if our next baby is a girl also and I was a music major in college. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You could always make it into a family tradition to name your kids musically.
  • Options

imagen.gallihugh:
    You could always make it into a family tradition to name your kids musically.

I LOVE the name Bentley! It's our #1 boys name :) Good choice! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I like Bentley too
  • Options
    imageLMS05:

imageMrsSummitCounty:
    Yes, absolutely.

Yep 

Totally agree.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options

Thanks guys! I know this is harm2 board, but I've been downed on by judgemental people all day when I brought it up with the middle name and to hear that people love it makes me happy! They called it low on the socieconomic ladder, and said I was too.

But I really like the name Lyric, before I graduated high school almost 2 years ago I did choir for 6 years so Lyric sticks with me, I love music oriented names.

• Options
    imagen.gallihugh:

Thanks guys! I know this is harm2 board, but I've been downed on by judgemental people all day when I brought it up with the middle name and to hear that people love it makes me happy! They called it low on the socieconomic ladder, and said I was too.

But I really like the name Lyric, before I graduated high school almost 2 years ago I did choir for 6 years so Lyric sticks with me, I love music oriented names.

I wrote you a response in that thread, I can't believe what people were saying. Just ignore them, some people have nothing better to do than trash on others behind an anonymous SN. 

• Options
    yeah I thought your name thingy sounded familiar, its like I'm 19 which isn't an excuse, but they are what probably almost 30 picking on someone way younger, they should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    omg that's awful.
    Expect MIRACLES!! Shocking surprise BFP 9/12/12 After 2 IUIs, 3 IVFs w/ICSI and 1 FET we have been blessed with a healthy baby girl born 26 August 2010! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    yes.  don't be that girl. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm usually more fond of classic names but Lyric, Aria, and Allegra (up until the medicine ruined that one) were old favorites of mine that just didn't add up to the perfect name for us. :)
    Friends for 15 years. Married 8. TTC since January 2009
    2010 Diagnosis: Anovulation and Severe MFI
    2011 Treatment:
    IVF w/ICSI #1 Antagonist: 2 blasts - c/p - BFN 04.22
    FET #1: 1 blast/1 early blast - BFP 06.22 - m/c 06.30 @6w0d
    07-11 RPL: MTHFR C677T Heterozygous & Slightly elevated ACLA IgM
    FET #2: 1 morula - BFN: 9.02

January '12: IVF #2
    Started BCP and Metformin (New!) 12-14 for stimming in January

Dum spiro, spero.
    ?SAIF/PAIF/PgAL/PAL always welcome?
  • Options
    What about Melody?
  • Options

imagen.gallihugh:
    yeah I thought your name thingy sounded familiar, its like I'm 19 which isn't an excuse, but they are what probably almost 30 picking on someone way younger, they should be ashamed of themselves.

OMG...someone is almost 30 on this board and still has a vagina that works...that's crazy.   I don't know the story but throwing in the "probably almost 30" battle isn't going to help your case. 

to the OP, I think if Lyric fits your personality, then go for it.  Lyric is cute.

• Options
    imagenooniesgal:

imagen.gallihugh:

OMG...someone is almost 30 on this board and still has a vagina that works...that's crazy.   I don't know the story but throwing in the "probably almost 30" battle isn't going to help your case. 

to the OP, I think if Lyric fits your personality, then go for it.  Lyric is cute.

Yeah, I said my age isn't an excuse, it just makes me feel like they have nothing better to do with their time then pick on someone younger than them?  And I'm not starting any battle, I was just sayin.

• Options

imageFMIL&MOB:
    What about Melody?

Good idea, didn't think of that, I vote for this too lol.

• Options

Lyric is nms but I love the name Aria. Melody is good too. If you love Lyric though, use it. I don't think the associate is weird.

You could also use names from musicals such as Aida (Eye-ee-da)

• Options
    cheesy.No
  • Options
    imagen.gallihugh:

OMG, get over it. It's the internet.

To the original poster, I don't think that would be cheesy, I think it's kind of cute.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options

I personally wouldn't do it.

One of my fave boy names is Jack.  Unfortunately, my name is Jill.  For me, it was too cheesy to become "Jack & Jill" so I have eliminated it from my list.  I think naming a baby Lyric when your name is Harmony is equally cutesy and cheesy.

That being said, what makes me cringe due to cutesy factor may be just what you are looking for.  As a whole, Lyric isn't a horrible name.

• Options

imageFMIL&MOB:
    What about Melody?

I still think its cheesy, but better than Lyric.  I don't thik Lyric is a name...

• Options
    imagen.gallihugh:
    imagenooniesgal:

imagen.gallihugh:

Yeah, I said my age isn't an excuse, it just makes me feel like they have nothing better to do with their time then pick on someone younger than them?  And I'm not starting any battle, I was just sayin.

You obviously have some growing up to do.  People were trying to offer advice, and let you know that your child, and you, will be judged if you choose Bentley.  

If those posts hurt your feelings, then you'll have a wicked wake up call later on.

• Options
    I don't think Harmony and Lyric is cheesy (I like it!)...but Harmony and Melody?  that is kinda cheese.
  • Options
    Yes. I think that is a horrible name regardless of what your name is and what your husband does, but that makes it 10x worse! Sorry!
  • Options
    imageRileyGrace:
    imageLMS05:

imageMrsSummitCounty:
    Yes, absolutely.

Yep 

Totally agree.

Same here. 

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageJKat876:

imageFMIL&MOB:
    What about Melody?

I still think its cheesy, but better than Lyric.  I don't thik Lyric is a name...

Oh my. I think Harmony and Melody would be much cheesier. Just think about the meaning of each name/word.

I teach a Lyric. If you love it, go with it, but I personally would stay away from creating 'theme' names.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

I'm torn on the subject.

I think if done right the musical thing could work. We name kids after places, dead people, plants, cars, you name it. Music is no different.

I would avoid Melody. Harmony/Melody is pretty cheesy.  But Lyric is a beautiful name. There are others too that don't SCREAM music but fit well.

Cadence

Carol

Aria

• Options
    imageEaglesGirl65:

I'm torn on the subject.

I think if done right the musical thing could work. We name kids after places, dead people, plants, cars, you name it. Music is no different.

I would avoid Melody. Harmony/Melody is pretty cheesy.  But Lyric is a beautiful name. There are others too that don't SCREAM music but fit well.

Cadence

Carol

Aria

I think Cadence and Carol would work.  Aria is NMS, but would work. To me, Lryic is a word turned into a name. The ones listed about don't have that feel to it.

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageSarahL77:
    imageJKat876:

imageFMIL&MOB:
    What about Melody?

Oh my. I think Harmony and Melody would be much cheesier. Just think about the meaning of each name/word.

I teach a Lyric. If you love it, go with it, but I personally would stay away from creating 'theme' names.

I do think that Harmony/Melody would be very cheesy, I've just never thought of Lyric as a name-its a word turned into a name to me.  But I have very traditional taste, so thats probably why!  Either way (Lyric,Harmony or any other musical name) I think it's kind of cheesy.

• Options
    Yes, it's too cheesy-especially given your name. It also sets up a theme for any future kids,. and that just sounds silly to me.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My sister and I are harmony and melody... We think it's awesome. Just sayin....

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagen.gallihugh:
    imagenooniesgal:

imagen.gallihugh:

If you're naming your child after a car, it's time to grow some thicker skin because the ::sideeye:: everyone is giving you is never going to go away.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"